Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
He was coming on as a scorer through his tenure here. Also he lead the entire league in PK minutes one year, perhaps a deeper dive than simply saying goals everytime. Why are we holding him accountable? I'm talking about keeping him and saying at the time we'd regret it, all these supposed failures aside. It was regrettable subtraction, based on self inflicted incompetence, said it then, proven now.

But Dubas was a genius in filling around the margins though...:sarcasm:...he even keeps emphasizing that it's his job to fill around the margins as if it's the noblest thing after overpaying the core...self-inflicted wounds, one after another. Glad he's now in Pittsburg filling around their margins.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Ya but only to myself and maybe you guys.
Oh, that is a bit unfortunate. The presser is organized, by the Leafs and will have vetted media. It would be nice to have an independent there to ask questions.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
1st should be a statement to shanny

- Shanny, 1 series win in 9 years. You led a plan that was a colossal failture. IF u are not going to get fired, maybe you should step down.
Pelley will probably give him a 2-year extension very soon and then fire him at the end of next season when his current contract runs out. It's the Leaf way.

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We had the money lol. You just said yourself he had one knee, and if I recall correctly he had the other one operated on as well. Surely you can see how giving a 30 year old grinder with two bad knees that hasn’t had a healthy season in 3 years an 8 year deal with an NMC is a big risk. If he would take 5.5 for 4 years no NMC he’d be a Leaf.

Every other 30/30 late prime grinder that got a retirement deal before him immediately blew up in the teams face, not one of those contracts aged well and half those guys were 4th liners or out of the league by year 4.
Oh no, the dreaded lol followed by zero game. He had one knee that playoffs , it healed. He was 28 too, can't even argue the facts. And grinders don't pace for 30 goals here twice. And you're laughing at my comment. Yikes. Say whatever you want, had we managed our players salaries correctly, we had money for Hyman and I said we would regret it. I guess I get the last lol then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Oh no, the dreaded lol followed by zero game. He had one knee that playoffs , it healed. He was 28 too, can't even argue the facts. And grinders don't pace for 30 goals here twice. And you're laughing at my comment. Yikes. Say whatever you want, had we managed our players salaries correctly, we had money for Hyman and I said we would regret it. I guess I get the last lol then.
Are you kidding?

We couldn’t afford about paying hyman because his decline, that would add to the 3.5 from kerfoot, 3 from holl, 5 million of Murray of glorified cap dumps on our team.

Hyman could become a 30 point player starting next year, he’d still be worth his contract as a whole because of how big of a steal the first 3 years were.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
10:30am
lets see what these bozos say
With Leafs management it’s usually:
1715344602776.png

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Shanahan can still be that fiery guy, like with whatever was going on with Dubas last year at this time. He got pissed off and let Dubas go. But that never gets extended to the players. He has really coddled them and gave in to every contract demand pretty much.

Reactions: The Masters

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Shanahan can still be that fiery guy, like with whatever was going on with Dubas last year at this time. He got pissed off and let Dubas go. But that never gets extended to the players. He has really coddled them and gave in to every contract demand pretty much.
hopefully pelley kicks him in the ass now if he isnt fired , hes gotten too fat and complacent

Reactions: Suntouchable13

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Also:
If Pelley wants to get off to a good start, and if shanny is still here, they should admit all the errors wrong with the plan and that fans were right and that they will do everything to fix it and get back on track.

no one wants to hear we are close blah blah blah. just own it and say u fked up the last 5 years

then they wonder why the players never take responsibility. IT STARTS AT THE TOP

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Also:
If Pelley wants to get off to a good start, and if shanny is still here, they should admit all the errors wrong with the plan and that fans were right and that they will do everything to fix it and get back on track.

no one wants to hear we are close blah blah blah. just own it and say u fked up the last 5 years

then they wonder the players never take responsibility. IT STARTS AT THE TOP

We better not hear stuff like “we still believe in this group, we believe they will win” that’s over, Shanahan. You could get away with saying that 3 years ago, not anymore.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Also:

then they wonder why the players never take responsibility. IT STARTS AT THE TOP
All they need to say is that everything is on the table. Do not endorse the core moving forward. We are looking at all options and will be having conversations with all players about the future. The end.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Will this be aired on Sportsnet?
TSN for sure.

Also:

then they wonder the players never take responsibility. IT STARTS AT THE TOP
I'm sure your gonna hear a big company say that there were wrong at the fans were right all along. All you're going to hear today is they didn't meet expectations, it cost someone their job, blah blah blah.

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad