GDT: WCQ Game #2 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D / NBCSN / TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Kenny Holland bet on Jimmy as a franchise goalie.

I ain't saying he can't be one.

But questions about Jimmy Howard are not going away so far in these playoffs.

My concern is the mentality.

Jimmy Howard, toward the end of the third, looked like Dominic Hasek against Nashville in 08.

His body language can be really annoying at times.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I went from:

tumblr_mc9ebkpEjI1rii545o1_500.gif

to
angry-dwight.gif%3Fw%3D250%26h%3D214

Please Wings, don't make me go to this:

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I hope we score on the PP right away. I don't see us winning after that.

Losing 3 goal lead. Goalie playing like ****. Stuck on our zone all day.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'll admit, I was doing victory laps as Franzen was scoring and Howard looked strong.

Howard really, really, really let the team down tonight. He's got to regroup and stand on his head in the OT now.

Of course it didn't help the Detroit "lockdown" strategy is letting the Ducks stay in the zone for the entire period.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
I'd like to think the people in leadership positions know more than I do ... I've watched every game and never in my life I have seen a more useless piece of garbage on the ice in one season than Dan Cleary. The fact he keeps playing makes me just want to be done with it all. No defense for it and its ridiculous.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, well.... Our top players have been our top players. They've elevated their game. The rest of the guys looked content to coast through the third.

You would have thought we had learned our lesson the many times before we've let games get away from us. Now is NOT the time relearn those lessons.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
If we lose this game. It wont only be on Jimmy but failure to score in the 2nd half of the 3rd on chances that should have been put in the net.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
It's great that Howie just got the new deal of his.. :shakehead $5.3M cap hit for perfomances like this. I know that Howie's mostly been good, but that's not enough if you let in softies like tonight.

He's known for being soft in the playoffs. Hopefully that comes to an abrupt end!!!!

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Didn't care for Getzlaf's or Palmieri's goals (sp?),

but I can't totally bash Howard, he has been alright tonight. I wish our defensive game had a bit more umph to it. Ducks have some size on us and are using it to muscle their way around.

Love me a Wings-Ducks series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad