• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
Binnington hasn't done anything.
The blues have been forcing the sharks to the outside and clearing the front of the net and it's made Binnington's job easy.
If San Jose gets up close and takes away his vision they will expose him. They just need to adjust the game plan to battle to those locations on the ice.
This! It pisses me off how easy they’re making binnington’s job, he hasn’t done shit he’s not even near Fleury’s level of last year. They’re not getting in front of him and when they do they constantly miss the damn net the timo back handed attempt in game 4 comes to mind and that sorry ass melker last game

Reactions: Nighthock

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
They omitted Couture purposely because it's the Blue's post game show on their station. I thought it was NBC at first but was wrong.
That's not an ok omission regardless. You put out factual information and blues fans should know Couture has been a better playoff scorer than all these superstars.

So when he does it again tomorrow they aren't all like bbbbut tarasenko

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
The thread on this series up in main is a complete:
_Derailment_Washington_State.JPG.jpg

Reactions: Phu

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
i think above all else, i'm most disappointed in our PP. maybe it was the game 7 miracle that gave me false hope that it had turned a corner, but it's been increasing disappointing and is sinking this team. You watch a team like Boston that battles and plays tight games, but wins because their PP is executing, and all you can do is think what a wasted opportunity getting to rd3 is when your team not only can't score 5-4, but looks lost and disjointed.

JackSkellington

Pumpkin King
Feb 18, 2016
South Florida
I wish the Sharks had heart and a killer instinct like the Dubs. If it wasn’t for them it’ll be depressing since the 9ers, Giants and Sharks piss me off year after year

7Negaprion

May 7, 2019
Pleasant Hill
I wish the Sharks had heart and a killer instinct like the Dubs. If it wasn’t for them it’ll be depressing since the 9ers, Giants and Sharks piss me off year after year
I think we saw that in Game 7 with Vegas and it took Pavs to be laid out on the ice. Sheer rage and will bent reality around them as they scored those quick goals. It was scary and cool to watch at the same time. This isn't over and pessimism only adds to the collective consciousness of defeat- it's absolutely scientific.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The Sharks depth both offensively and defensively turned out to not really exist. Losing Simek hurt a lot, he had a very good season. Ryan's confidence was destroyed. Heed was ok, but his confidence is low and his development stalled. Middleton isn't ready to be an NHL regular, and he may never be. Goodrow and Melker had replacement level seasons, didn't score a ton and have been non-factors in the playoffs excluding a game 7 OT goal. Haley isn't very good at hockey. Gambrell showed nothing in his limited time. Suomela struggled mightily after the first few weeks. Sorensen had a decent year but has not been good in the playoffs at all. Donskoi's confidence was destroyed even though he is clearly so much better than all the other bottom 6 forwards. Depth was supposed to be a strength, but Deboer simply won't use or doesn't trust a lot of those depth players. The ones he does trust just aren't very good.
our serious depth includes 4 30 goal scorers and 2 80 point defensemen, 2 of those 30 goalscorers are injured badly and 1 of those 80 point d-men is injured badly, THAT is the major depth we lost.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
our serious depth includes 4 30 goal scorers and 2 80 point defensemen, 2 of those 30 goalscorers are injured badly and 1 of those 80 point d-men is injured badly, THAT is the major depth we lost.
Yup, that certainly doesn't help either. I was just speaking about the lower end of the roster. Those bottom 6ers and bottom pairing dmen haven't been able to step up and help cover for the injuries of the top end guys.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Yup, that certainly doesn't help either. I was just speaking about the lower end of the roster. Those bottom 6ers and bottom pairing dmen haven't been able to step up and help cover for the injuries of the top end guys.
not so sure about that. the 3rd line has won multiple games themselves. the 4th line is the ineffective one and it's unfortunate because it's entirely a lineup decision issue.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
in addition to PP woes, pretty disappointed in the Blues style of play. It was very clear they were targeting Karlsson, and that's fine; that's hockey. But now they've injured him and so many of the hits he took were late, but because they were not blindside or head shots, they dont get looked at. Kinda shitty hockey to target a star, injure 3 top players, and then win.

Blues should get full credit for playing like beasts in game 5 and not letting adversity bring them down in game 4 (unlike Vegas or Colorado, to a degree), but man it's just sucky to see great hockey ruined by hits that could be avoided if the Blues were focused on playing hockey. Basically, i would feel better losing to the Avs than the Blues, because at least the Avs won with skill

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
i think above all else, i'm most disappointed in our PP. maybe it was the game 7 miracle that gave me false hope that it had turned a corner, but it's been increasing disappointing and is sinking this team. You watch a team like Boston that battles and plays tight games, but wins because their PP is executing, and all you can do is think what a wasted opportunity getting to rd3 is when your team not only can't score 5-4, but looks lost and disjointed.

I feel like this has been the story of SJ. A team that for the most part has had a top level PP since the Thornton era began, but never maintains that advantage through the playoffs. One of the main reasons I think we haven't won a cup. The PP at some point always runs dry and the team can't survive with only 5v5 production.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I feel like this has been the story of SJ. A team that for the most part has had a top level PP since the Thornton era began, but never maintains that advantage through the playoffs. One of the main reasons I think we haven't won a cup. The PP at some point always runs dry and the team can't survive with only 5v5 production.
This team, healthy, could survive with even a middle of the road powerplay. When its this bad they dont deserve to go any further.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
There were two glaring issues with our team through the major part of this season. The PP and the backup goalie. Decide who you want to blame more for this. PDB or DW.

Sjsharks5

Jan 3, 2019
in addition to PP woes, pretty disappointed in the Blues style of play. It was very clear they were targeting Karlsson, and that's fine; that's hockey. But now they've injured him and so many of the hits he took were late, but because they were not blindside or head shots, they dont get looked at. Kinda ****ty hockey to target a star, injure 3 top players, and then win.

Blues should get full credit for playing like beasts in game 5 and not letting adversity bring them down in game 4 (unlike Vegas or Colorado, to a degree), but man it's just sucky to see great hockey ruined by hits that could be avoided if the Blues were focused on playing hockey. Basically, i would feel better losing to the Avs than the Blues, because at least the Avs won with skill
Thing is, Blues have been focused on playing hockey. They’ve completely negated the Sharks strengths. They’ve taken away the neutral zone, eliminated the Sharks presence in front of Binnington, and they capitalized on defensive zone lapses. Karlsson being injured doesn’t help that, but let’s face it, he’s been injured all post season and he’s struggled breaking the puck out in all 3 rounds.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Pre hand pass, St. Louis and San Jose had an even amount of power plays (7:7).

Post hand pass, St. Louis had exactly twice as many power plays as San Jose(14:7).

Good series St. Louis. I hope our players recover from all of their head injuries.

With Boston as my other favourite team, at least I won’t have to cheer against them. Though a Bruins cup win in a year like this won’t be able to erase my feelings of the Sharks and Jumbo falling short, again...

I hate it when Marchand does stupid dangerous plays but wouldn’t hate it as much against a team like the Blues. Likewise, hopefully Chara lives up to the legend that Leafs fans have built up that he is a dirty monster. As long as it isn’t detrimental to them beating the Blues, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad