Series Talk: WCF: San Jose Sharks vs. St. Louis Blues

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
If there are that many injuries on the forwards, bring Radil in just to mix it up, bring Heed in and if EK65 has anything left in him dress him as a 7th D and use him on the PP only. I'm not ready to count TH48 out yet...
remember when Radil was a fairly defensively responsible forward that almost outscored Goodrow in less than half the same number of games? Pete Deboer doesn't

Reactions: one2gamble

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
I started to watch that game passively after the 2nd but what are the chances they were just being precautionary with the Pavs and Hertl injuries? I don't remember the score or the time remaining when either of them left the contest but it may have been more of a "f*** it, lets rest up and get ready for Tuesday" conversation between them and the trainers.

Karlsson is toast. Only way I want him in the lineup is as a 7th defenseman playing the PP, o-zone face-offs after Blues icing, as the extra attacker on delayed penalties, or a pulled goalie situation. I'd love the guy and would be clamoring to have him back if he didn't try to be a hero with these injuries. Him trying to play through it has hurt the Sharks much more than him sitting and getting full treatment. I'm just bitter about his stint here at this point.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Any news on the injury front? The Sharks can try to hide it I guess, but it was very visible based on the game yesterday. What kind of team are the Sharks icing tomorrow.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
I actually think the refs and league letting all of the headshots go is gonna get one of the Blues hurt if the Sharks find themselves trailing too far at any point in the next two games. Players are going to take matters into their own hands if frustration boils over. If I had to guess I’d say Kane with a high and dirty hit injuring someone.

Not that I actually want that to happen but I could definitely see it happening if it’s like 4-1 with 3 minutes left.
Which players? Headhunting has never been this team's MO, and Haley's the only one who's showed any interest in going out of his way for trouble. I'm not making a value argument or anything, just saying that if they haven't done it over the first 100 games of the season, I don't see them chasing down cheap shots in game #102. There isn't really an Owen Nolan or Mike Brown type on the team with either the speed to take a run at someone or the nasty streak to actually do it.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
One that’s about to be embarrassed, go 0 for in the pp and see hand shakes after the game.

Maybe they will find some motivation. I was listening to the Morning Tide Podcast today and it was crazy to me that Ramy was thinking the sharks were going to win and it was a foregone conclusion. I wish I had his optimism but I really don't, especially going back to St. Louis with the way Binnington has been playing.

Naki

Oct 8, 2009
Maybe they will find some motivation. I was listening to the Morning Tide Podcast today and it was crazy to me that Ramy was thinking the sharks were going to win and it was a foregone conclusion. I wish I had his optimism but I really don't, especially going back to St. Louis with the way Binnington has been playing.
Binnington hasn't done anything.
The blues have been forcing the sharks to the outside and clearing the front of the net and it's made Binnington's job easy.
If San Jose gets up close and takes away his vision they will expose him. They just need to adjust the game plan to battle to those locations on the ice.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
At one point in the 3rd period the Sharks had 3 d and 5 f on the bench.

They completely unraveled yesterday after a frustrating start.

Hockey is the ultimate game of what ifs. What if Kane scores 15 seconds into the game? He had 2 posts yesterday, and it clearly frustrated him to the point where he was completely off his game.

Reminded me a lot of game 4 vs VGK. Let's see if they have a similar response.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Binnington hasn't done anything.
The blues have been forcing the sharks to the outside and clearing the front of the net and it's made Binnington's job easy.
If San Jose gets up close and takes away his vision they will expose him. They just need to adjust the game plan to battle to those locations on the ice.

Thank you! All this Binnington talk is pissing me off. The guy has made like 4 tough saves across the last 2 games. Had 4-5 posts and the rest have been routine saves from the outside. He has pretty much had an easy job and been lucky. Jones on the other hand has had about 3-4 goals bounce in off Sharks players or bounce all around the crease and into the net.

The Sharks aren't playing well enough to win, this isn't Binnington shutting us down.

Reactions: Phu and Tealologist

Paka Ono

Pro Ice Girl Scout
Jun 29, 2011
SF
If the Canes can come back being down 3-2 to the Caps, we can come back too. Just need Hertl and Donskoi to be OK. I don't see Pavs or EK65 playing. Also had some thoughts last night, how cool would it be for some Cuda rookies to come in and make an impact, like True or Perron?

Reactions: Alaskanice

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
That’s the element that never seems to be there with the Sharks rookies who come up and contribute during the playoffs.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Sharks need to knock them on their asses in front of Binnington. Haven't worked hard enough to get to the net.
They really don't try and go through the Blues at all do they, always trying to go around them and losing the puck in the process.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I feel like we’re the cast of Game of Thrones before the big battle of Winterfell, just waiting to die...

But then maybe Arya (HEED??) saves us.

Jan Smite

May 7, 2019
Binnington doesnt have a great rebound control, but Blues defensemen are great at keeping Sharks away

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
PDB scoffing at using 7 D... Uh oh. Here's to 1 period of Karlsson then 5D the rest of the game.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
D6-FAuTUcAA5fN9.jpg:large

Anyone notice anything wrong with this graphic?

Reactions: goflyakite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad