WCF: Round 3 (Can You Believe It?!) Game 1: EDM @ COL aka Mc v. Mac (8PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I expected each team to score at least 4 goals per game and looks like that was too conservative. This series is about which offensive team can play at least a little bit of defense. They are both weak defensively. Very entertaining.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
If Kyle Lowry were a hockey fan, he would definitely cheer for the Avelanche. That crowd man, lol.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I actually feel for the Avs. They lost Girard for the season against the blues and now not sure how long is kuemper out for.

Avs could have gone all the way couple years ago if it wasn't for their injuries. I hope this isn't a repeat for them. Oilers are fully healthy if am not mistaken

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I actually feel for the Avs. They lost Girard for the season against the blues and now not sure how long is kuemper out for.

Avs could have gone all the way couple years ago if it wasn't for their injuries. I hope this isn't a repeat for them. Oilers are fully healthy if am not mistaken
Lol no the oilers are not fully healthy.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
tumblr_inline_mv71jjbYEe1rwjn1c.gif

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
wow these teams are brutal, felt like i was watching a 2007 regular season game between the sens and the leafs, all offense no defense

ashamed as a connoisseur of high quality western conference playoff hockey

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
I expected each team to score at least 4 goals per game and looks like that was too conservative. This series is about which offensive team can play at least a little bit of defense. They are both weak defensively. Very entertaining.
I think the Oilers just attack in such an insanely aggressive way that it generates chances, even if it consistently generates 1.5 chances back the other way.

Reactions: AzHawk

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Frankie isn't really at fault for the goals against. The Avs not playing their game and not knowing how to properly turtle is reason for the almost blown lead. We have major weaknesses in the dzone.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Oilers in 5.

So far, this is looking exactly like the Calgary series. The Oilers (esp. Smith) never show up for the 1st period of game one, and the pattern held tonight. They then claw back and make it close. It's quite likely they'd have won this game if not for the ludicrous allowed offside goal and subsequent PP goal that followed.

Anyway, the script is going the Oilers' way so far. They took over as it went on.

Reactions: MessierII

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Bednar puts a guy like Johnson on the roster, then as the game is unfolding in the 3rd, he decides to give Makar-Toews a breath thereby giving guys like Johnson and Johnson too many minutes. And this let's the game get off the rails.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
wow these teams are brutal, felt like i was watching a 2007 regular season game between the sens and the leafs, all offense no defense

ashamed as a connoisseur of high quality western conference playoff hockey
This guy chews his whisky and everyone cringes internally.

Reactions: Zenos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad