GDT: WCF Game 4: Blues @ Sharks: 4:15 PM - The G.I. Joe Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Awful effort all around the first two periods but I love the fight (figurative and literal) in the third period. Too many turnovers and a lot of casual play early in the game really blew up in their face. Need to communicate better when Blues play that aggressively.

I still like our chances, I think Elliott is a better goalie than Allen and I don't think they will be changing goalies.

I just hope we don't start hearing cries from Sharks fans about starting Reimer. Jones didn't have a big chance on most of those, the team left him out to dry.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
First two periods the Blues were sharp and the Sharks were not. Nonetheless, both teams had chances and the Blues finished theirs while the Sharks didn't.

Better 3rd period and they should comes back better.

I still think they win in 6.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I've said it before but you get major stinkers like this. That's okay.

I'd rather a loss like this where it was gift wrapped for them than losing a tough 2-1 game in OT.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Vlasic was crap, too. That PP in the 3rd was a joke. He must have thought we were ahead and on the PK the way he held the puck.

I'm getting so tired of his hesitation in the offensive zone. No ability to one-time shots or passes.

Hopefully Heed pans out. They need someone like him on the 2nd PP unit. Watching Vlasic and Martin as triggermen is painful.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I've said it before but you get major stinkers like this. That's okay.

I'd rather a loss like this where it was gift wrapped for them than losing a tough 2-1 game in OT.

For me too. Probably different reasons than you though. Ha ha.

- Being down 4-0 early makes it easier to accept the loss because you know that the chance of comeback is less likely than being down by 1 or 2 goals.

- The team getting thrashed this way is a wake up call for the playersB. Especially because they know they are capable of better and showed as much in games 2 and 3. Losses in OT or by 1 or 2 goals can make it easy to just say that we tried and were close .. but .. No such excuse when you get thrashed like they did today.

Like I said earlier, I am fully confident that we bounce back next game and have a better effort. If we play like we did in the first 2 periods today, I will be concerned.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Hopefully Heed pans out. They need someone like him on the 2nd PP unit. Watching Vlasic and Martin as triggermen is painful.

Absolutely agreed. To me the way Heed skated and shot reminded me a little of Burns (minus the physicality).

Vlasic is good with getting puck transition out of our zone but he does not have very good shooting skills. I know he had 39 points in the regular season this year, but I still think we need someone else on the point on our 2nd unit PP.

Martin is just not very good on offense. Honestly, I felt that other than Burns, DeMelo would be our best threat on the 2nd PP unit.

hockeyfan55

Nov 24, 2009
Anyone else a little concerned over the Jumbo Joe comments? Or anyone have a video? Doesn't sound like a great thing to say.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Anyone else a little concerned over the Jumbo Joe comments? Or anyone have a video? Doesn't sound like a great thing to say.

not really. if a comment like that was all it took to make this team melt down then they wouldn't have made the playoffs in the first place.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
not really. if a comment like that was all it took to make this team melt down then they wouldn't have made the playoffs in the first place.

my biggest fear is his "I know I'm great" comment.. if the sharks blow this series, those comments will ****ing tarnish his legacy, people will use that against him HARD.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
my biggest fear is his "I know I'm great" comment.. if the sharks blow this series, those comments will ****ing tarnish his legacy, people will use that against him HARD.

it was also a dumb ****ing question though. she basically asked him if he was surprised he wasn't worthless yet.

hockeyfan55

Nov 24, 2009
Im happy with the fight at the end of the game. Didn't just roll over and die. Dillion fighting is a nice thing to see aswell.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
The playoff board series thread now has the blues at a 17-4 vote favour of winning game 5.

Guess we gotta pack it up boys. :laugh:

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Losing this series after being up 2-1 (could have been 3-0) will hurt more than the LA series. This was supposed to be our year.:cry:

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I agree with fistfullofbeer: I think that it's better that they lost by 3 than in a close game bc they'll probably be motivated to come out strong and play hard for the full game next game. I'd rather that they didn't need that kind of motivation but it's human to sit back a bit when you think you can get away with it. I'm glad that they played much better in the third. Now that they've seen the Blues A game and have figured out how to counter it at least somewhat (and to beat both goalies), even without a good PP, I'm happier than I would normally be with a loss.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
The Sharks were 0-5 on the PP, allowed 2 PP goals, allowed a SHG, allowed an empty net goal. They out scored the Blues 3-2 at EV. They'll be fine. Just clean up the mistakes. The Sharks won't lose another game this series.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
For me too. Probably different reasons than you though. Ha ha.

- Being down 4-0 early makes it easier to accept the loss because you know that the chance of comeback is less likely than being down by 1 or 2 goals.

- The team getting thrashed this way is a wake up call for the playersB. Especially because they know they are capable of better and showed as much in games 2 and 3. Losses in OT or by 1 or 2 goals can make it easy to just say that we tried and were close .. but .. No such excuse when you get thrashed like they did today.

Like I said earlier, I am fully confident that we bounce back next game and have a better effort. If we play like we did in the first 2 periods today, I will be concerned.

What's concerning is that they still need a wake up call this late into the post-season. Hopefully this will work, but given their history, I don't know what to expect in any game anymore. They had a chance this game to completely wipe any confidence the Blues had in their game, but instead shot themselves in the foot.

Ser Jorah Mormont

Lord Friendzone
Sep 3, 2013
Down Under
Guys we played bad but when is the last time we were 2-2 in the CF and were probably the better team? Oh right, never lol.

Enjoy it. Even if this is as far as we get. I'm proud of the team.

That's a pretty terrible mentality to have. You're in it to win it or you might as well not play at all because you'll embarrass yourself much like the Sharks did tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad