GDT: WCF Game 4: Blues @ Sharks: 4:15 PM - The G.I. Joe Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
I had a bad feeling going into the game.

But positives.

- Sharks were able to expose Allen
- Had there not been that empty net goal or short handed goal, I think there was a good chance we would come back to tie it
- Backes and Fabbri seem damaged, so Sharks should target them if they play next game
- Tierney and Karlsson clicked
- Jokes wasn't to blame on the 4 goals
- Sharks showed resiliency all year. PDB will make adjustments, without necessarily making like changes

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
St. Louis was definitely sharper tonight. Their forecheck gave the Sharks problems, and they were finally hitting the Sharks. As soon as they were able to establish the game, the crispness and fluidity of the Sharks evaporated.

You can ultimately fault the defense, special teams, and the goaltending. None of the d-men had good games. Martin was atrocious in the first and Dillon-Polak were bad in their own zone. Burns also made some gaffes.

In regards to the forwards, Marleau needs to show something. It wasn't the strongest game for a lot of other players, but they've had their moments in the series.

A couple of mental mistakes really doomed the team. Ward's penalty, Thornton's missed pass, Polak's missed clear...have to cut those out. And, of course, your goaltender has to bail you out on occasion. I can't say Jones did that.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Just think if DW had listened to Jux and drafted Fabbri we would have just finished sweeping the Blues.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
I wish I was dead instead of watching that game

maxresdefault.jpg

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I had a bad feeling going into the game.

But positives.

- Sharks were able to expose Allen
- Had there not been that empty net goal or short handed goal, I think there was a good chance we would come back to tie it
- Backes and Fabbri seem damaged, so Sharks should target them if they play next game
- Tierney and Karlsson clicked
- Jokes wasn't to blame on the 4 goals
- Sharks showed resiliency all year. PDB will make adjustments, without necessarily making like changes

This is why I am not too concerned. Unless we put up a similar effort next game and lose again. I will definitely be worried then.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I take blame for this loss. I loaded up on Sharks for my fanduel team which I never did this postseason as fear for bringing them badluck because I have been in a slump when it comes to fanduel. But I decided to take the Sharks entire 1st line and Jones. This was the only time I took Jones this postseason.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Thornton deflecting blame on the perfect dish for a shortie.....

Apparently Pavelski and Couture were supposed to clean that one up. LOL!

In Joe's defense there should have been someone in the slot. Where was everyone anyways? it was a PP.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
In Joe's defense there should have been someone in the slot. Where was everyone anyways? it was a PP.

The big question is, why wasn't it until the third that they started getting in front of the net?

At times in the second and first they had Allen beat (or close to it) but none of the forwards were there.

Was it the Blues getting tired from having to double-shift a few players after injuries to Backes and Fabbri?

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area

Pavelski was in the slot, but on the replay you can see Pavs let the pass go past him like he's anticipating someone is going to be on his right to get that pass.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Stupid as ****, just keep silent and regroup

now you've thrown your team under the bus, what was the quote?

Something about a mixup between Cootch and Pavs not knowing who should take the pass.

Maggot media runs right over to Cootch - "well, Thornton said..." Lol

No biggie.. But would still like Jumbo, as a leader, to own that.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Marleau, Ward, Dillon have all been bad this series. Need to be better this is the WCF

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Marleau, Ward, Dillon have all been bad this series. Need to be better this is the WCF

Vlasic was crap, too. That PP in the 3rd was a joke. He must have thought we were ahead and on the PK the way he held the puck.

I'm getting so tired of his hesitation in the offensive zone. No ability to one-time shots or passes.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Guys we played bad but when is the last time we were 2-2 in the CF and were probably the better team? Oh right, never lol.

Enjoy it. Even if this is as far as we get. I'm proud of the team.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Guys we played bad but when is the last time we were 2-2 in the CF and were probably the better team? Oh right, never lol.

Enjoy it. Even if this is as far as we get. I'm proud of the team.

Last time we were in the CF tied 2-2 we promptly lost the following 2 games. Thanks for the motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad