Post-Game Talk: WCF - Game 4 - Anaheim 3 at Nashville 2 (OT) - Series Tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
I am hoping it is a cut as well and not a concussion. We'll have a better idea today and if he makes the trip to Anaheim or not.

If it was just a cut, they would have stitched it up during the intermission and he would have been available for overtime.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
As a Ducks fan, I like Fisher, hope he's ok.
Totally an accident, but if it happened to one of our guys I probably say it's still careless

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
As a Ducks fan, I like Fisher, hope he's ok.
Totally an accident, but if it happened to one of our guys I probably say it's still careless

I do think the Ducks are a dirty team, as their penalty history proves, but that said, I didn't see anything dirty on that play. Manson was jumping to try to bat the puck. There was no intent.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
It is all of the post-whistle shenanigans that make the Ducks a dirty team. I have no problem with a team being physical during play (like the Blues).

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
There is a difference between playing hard, like St. Louis , and playing dirty like the ducks.

The ducks play to injure. Hiding behind the Nhl refusal to let the refs call for example 20 penalties on the ducks and 1 on the other team.
The Nhl lets the ducks play dirty. No more any of this "it's the game", the Nhl encourages teams like the ducks to injure.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
There is a difference between playing hard, like St. Louis , and playing dirty like the ducks.

The ducks play to injure. Hiding behind the Nhl refusal to let the refs call for example 20 penalties on the ducks and 1 on the other team.
The Nhl lets the ducks play dirty. No more any of this "it's the game", the Nhl encourages teams like the ducks to injure.
Then they call McLeod for the first instigator penalty in a tied playoff game since 2012 when we try and stand up for it.

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016

I forget exactly where I heard this, but I heard this and agree. The Ducks do a lot of stupid penalties early because they know the refs will not call so many later in the game. I've heard the Seattle Seahawks do the same in the NFL, taking a few interference penalties by their defensive backs early to "condition" the referees into being cautious after so many.

Until the Preds find the power play it's going to keep happening because right now they can do it freely with little damage.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Until the Preds find the power play it's going to keep happening because right now they can do it freely with little damage.

That's a great point. The Preds PP has been awful this series. The Ducks have no reason to fear committing penalties.

HITMAN88

Jun 29, 2011
Sandanski
I do think the Ducks are a dirty team, as their penalty history proves, but that said, I didn't see anything dirty on that play. Manson was jumping to try to bat the puck. There was no intent.

Not intentional but still looks exactly like that MMA move

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I forget exactly where I heard this, but I heard this and agree. The Ducks do a lot of stupid penalties early because they know the refs will not call so many later in the game. I've heard the Seattle Seahawks do the same in the NFL, taking a few interference penalties by their defensive backs early to "condition" the referees into being cautious after so many.

I understand your point and agree to some extent. But I don't think the ducks style of play is as dependent on the power play ability of their opponent as it is the unwillingness of the referees to call a lopsided penalty laden game. And that is on the Nhl.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Johansen is one guy that this Preds team can't afford to lose. Too thin at Center. Preds need a miracle from Kamenev or this could end up being an ugly one. Jarnkrok hasn't been quite himself since his injury, Fisher hasn't been great as well and obviously has some health issues himself now. Sissons has been great but you probably can't expect him to play like a top6 Center. There's no point in dressing Gaudreau or Fiddler...it's not gonna be enough against Getzlaf, Kesler and Vermette...even if Fisher is good to go.
Play Kamenev and add every bit of speed and scoring available to that lineup. Something like:

Forsberg, Kamenev, Arvidsson
Wilson, Fisher, Neal
Aberg, Jarnkrok, Salomaki
Zolnierczyk, Sissons, Watson

Oh, and that Smith guy better return ASAP. This team needs him back...desperately. Once he returns, put him on Jarnkrok's wing and bump Salomaki to the 4th to replace either Harry or Watson.

I still can't believe this actually happened. Now it's even more frustrating that they weren't ready for the last game. A 3-1 would have been entirely possible to finish...even without Johansen. With a 2-2 I'm not so sure. Even though it's only the Ducks, this is gonna be very very difficult.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Johansen is one guy that this Preds team can't afford to lose. Too thin at Center. Preds need a miracle from Kamenev or this could end up being an ugly one. Jarnkrok hasn't been quite himself since his injury, Fisher hasn't been great as well and obviously has some health issues himself now. Sissons has been great but you probably can't expect him to play like a top6 Center. There's no point in dressing Gaudreau or Fiddler...it's not gonna be enough against Getzlaf, Kesler and Vermette...even if Fisher is good to go.
Play Kamenev and add every bit of speed and scoring available to that lineup. Something like:

Forsberg, Kamenev, Arvidsson
Wilson, Fisher, Neal
Aberg, Jarnkrok, Salomaki
Zolnierczyk, Sissons, Watson

Oh, and that Smith guy better return ASAP. This team needs him back...desperately. Once he returns, put him on Jarnkrok's wing and bump Salomaki to the 4th to replace either Harry or Watson.

I still can't believe this actually happened. Now it's even more frustrating that they weren't ready for the last game. A 3-1 would have been entirely possible to finish...even without Johansen. With a 2-2 I'm not so sure. Even though it's only the Ducks, this is gonna be very very difficult.

I'd like to see Kamenev center the 3rd with Watson and Aberg on his wings.
Jarnkrok with Forsberg and Arvy and Sissons with Neal and Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad