GDT: WC USA vs Sweden

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
OEL injured / not playing?
Is the OEL tired already? He played PK, he couldn't throw the puck and Sweden was under pressure. Maybe they just wanted to boost Tömmernes' confidence when he's playing a bad game today, so they put him on the PP2 team.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Looks like Lindholm has replaced OEL last 5 or so mins. Hopefully not a serious injury.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
The Friberg-Aman-Lang attack is exactly that one attack. who should play in the tournament. But the rest of the team must be from the NHL.

Tömmernes had two options in the end to play in the middle zone, but twice he was afraid and preferred to give the puck a rival with a high arc. Dahlin or OEL would never do this. Pettersson - Tömmernes is not a good couple.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I will never understand why the IIHF chose the same path as the NHL Mickey Mouse show in OT. 3v3 is horrible to watch. I would even prefer 5 on 5, but perhaps 4v4 is the most optimal. A little bit more room but it still resembles hockey.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
A cross check to the face, the Magoos missed that one as well, how convenient.

And of course Gaudette scores. He should've been in the box. Arguably a 5 minute major but I need replays.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Lol, Tömmernäs with 3 or even 4 shifts in 3vs3. Bet you can't guess what happens next.

USA had a good game, well deserved win.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Ok, a surprising loss of Sweden for me although by USA you never know. Did they receive any reinforcement from the NHL?

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Very tie game, both teams had their chances. I wis slightly on Sweden's side but now it looks like Finland will win the group if we beat Austria on regulation which is a big IF.

Reactions: FinPanda

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Very tie game, both teams had their chances. I wis slightly on Sweden's side but now it looks like Finland will win the group if we beat Austria on regulation which is a big IF.
The placement in the group isn't that important as long as you're not the last team qualifying facing Canada, the other group is weak.
We need to beat Czechia as well on regulation to win the group.
And now the Czechs also have Pastrnak. I can't believe someone would mention Austria before the Czechs in teams to beat.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013

You Finns are really too pessimistic. I don't think that the Finns will win only in OT against Austria. Additionally as far I know they got reinforcement from 2 players from the NHL.
I know Austria won against the Czechs in OT but I'm optimistic. I think Finland will win in regular time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad