GDT: WC USA vs Sweden

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Losing the game in special teams so far.

As mentioned a lot Lang, Åman, Friberg best forwards so far. Petersson looking good too.

Need to improve passing speed side-to-side in PP to win this, can't build/slow it down from the point.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Losing the game in special teams so far.

As mentioned a lot Lang, Åman, Friberg best forwards so far. Petersson looking good too.

Need to improve passing speed side-to-side in PP to win this, can't build/slow it down from the point.
Dahlin almost created two goals by slowing it down on the PP forwards let him down.

Reactions: Honest M

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
A nice power play of the Americans, they combined it well and Ullmark didn't stand a chance, Schmidt shot the puck too high. Maybe Garpenlöv will finally see that playing Nordström doesn't make sense. I wouldn't even say that his game brings any benefit, I have such a feeling that their attack defends more time today than it attacks. And there must be a warning in the playoffs that Garpenlöv cannot ignore. Even Wallmark is not so visible today.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Dahlin almost created two goals by slowing it down on the PP forwards let him down.
"Almost", nice passing for sure, but Goalie and D well positioned. Easy to be when pace is slow, so looked fancy but not really dangerous IMHO.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
"Almost", nice passing for sure, but Goalie and D well positioned. Easy to be when pace is slow, so looked fancy but not really dangerous IMHO.
D was sleeping good goaltending for sure but that’s all on the forward, because the chance was there.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Unfortunately, the OEL misjudged the situation at Schmidt's goal. He wanted to pick up the puck behind the goal, but the Americans turned the game around. Then he didn't have time to step forward and block Schmidt's pass. It happens, it was 50 to 50, if the American passed the puck for the goal where the OEL was, he would pick up the puck and allow the players to go to the substitute.

Reactions: Dala

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yes! Finally 2-2, that was so important. Also, it seems the refs have swallowed the whistles, that cross check was pretty brutal, no call. I guess you only get that call if you're Finland.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Tömmernes made a terrible mistake for the Americans donating the puck and Bellows fortunately did not score a 3-1. That would be after the match. But the American broke the stick, played badly, and Grundström punished. Good luck for Sweden.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Okay so blatantly cross checking someone from behind isn’t a penalty?

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I wonder why the referee keeps the Americans still in the game? Three fouls are nothing and the fourth can no longer ignore. Sweden is now at a good pace, increasing its activity and deservingly leveling the situation.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I wonder why the referee keeps the Americans still in the game? Three fouls are nothing and the fourth can no longer ignore. Sweden is now at a good pace, increasing its activity and deservingly leveling the situation.
We're not Finnish enough, Finland would've had 3 more PPs by now. But it doesn't matter much when our PP is dogshit.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I usually never complain about the reffing anymore but COME ON.

EDIT: they finally called a penalty for the U.S

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad