GDT: WC USA vs Sweden

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No, I don't think he was bad against the opponents you mentioned. But today it was just bad, which is disturbing before the game in QF. And it would be a big problem if the OEL were eliminated by the end of the tournament. Now it's hard to predict anything, the other rivals are Norway and Latvia. Tömmernes can play his standard here, but before QF he can repeat today's performance and then it's a problem. Otherwise, I don't mind Tömmernes, I like him as a player.
Why is his good play against powerhouses like Finland and Czechia deleted in your mind? He showed in this 2 games he can play against good teams.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Heh whatever. 300 square meters smaller -the north american rink is. The bluelines are on a 1.2 meters shorter distance from the red-line. Its 1.2 m wider the rink surface behind the net in the NHL compared to the SHL wich make the game flow differently, "evidence" enough ?
No one argues about that. The argument is that it doesn't benefit any certain team, or style, or amount of readiness and preparation provide any tangible advantage. What you provide is the fact which we all know - rink size is different. Your conclusion that it works in someone's favor in a meaningful way is nothing more than a narrative though.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Why is his good play against powerhouses like Finland and Czechia deleted in your mind? He showed in this 2 games he can play against good teams.
The game against the Czechs is almost a week old, the game against Finland was on Wednesday night. And today it was bad, I don't even think he should play in OT. Hypothetically, if the order of the matches was reversed, ie that Tömmernes would play against the USA on Sunday, on Wednesday against the Czechs and today against Finland, I would be much calmer. So I hope he chose his poor performance today.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
No one argues about that. The argument is that it doesn't benefit any certain team, or style, or amount of readiness and preparation provide any tangible advantage. What you provide is the fact which we all know - rink size is different. Your conclusion that it works in someone's favor in a meaningful way is nothing more than a narrative though.
If you are used to it or not is of course a factor! To do the "little things correct" , the constant rant by coaches in modern hockey. You think its as easy to do theese little things right out there if you are used to have the blue line somewhere else or is used to have a more narrow corner than in Europe etc.? " -Some European players are better suited for the smaller rinks in north America than others. " Thoose are not my words, its like the words of any random hockey expert out there.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Rink size? Was hoping to get insight on the players in today's game.

Given the makeup of this USA roster, this would seem to be a positive result; particularly following the lackluster result against Great Britain.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00