WC SF: May 14 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Sanderson said:
Now, I don't really care who wins, but I would like the officiating to be somewhat better, the Russians got screwed big time in the first period.

How did they get screwed, other than on the diving call? Canada should have gotten a cross-check on that as well. What penalty shouldn't have counted? The crosscheck to Draper's head on the faceoff. The holding of the stick in front of the Russian goal? The punch to the head on I forget who?

The fact is Canada is dominating so far in every aspect of the game and the Russians are losing their cool and taking undisciplined penalties.

roccol

Mar 9, 2004
Bob Clarke Fan Club said:
You need to watch more International Hockey...he hasn't been great but he hasn't been that bad either. At least he had the sack to call the dive and not the crosscheck that wouldn't have broken an eggshell. The dive was worse than the crosscheck was IMO and calling both is a cop out.

It' still terrible officiating for a important game. From what I have seen most of these penalities were ticky tack calls both ways. Not what I wan't to see in a game like this. You want flow in a game like this, not a whistle every two minutes.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
amen, i also wanted to see a beautiful hockey game, considering both teams ability to produce such, but so far the officiating has killed any transition or flow for that matter.

roccol said:
It' still terrible officiating for a important game. From what I have seen most of these penalities were ticky tack calls both ways. Not what I wan't to see in a game like this. You want flow in a game like this, not a whistle every two minutes.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
I wish I could put Draper's grit and heart with Kovalev's skill for just one shift. Dang would that be a site to see

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Game a long way from over...

so ease up on the blame the ref thing.

This ref looks like he will call everything.

So keep your elbows down, don't hook, don't leave your feet, don't hit from behind, don't hold sticks, don't retaliate and please, please don't dive - it's embarrassing. Don't let this sport become soccer (global football).

Russia will get their share of calls if they start to dictate the play. So far they haven't. Canada has: 5 on 5, 5 on 4, 5 on 3, 3 on 5, 4 on 5; so don't blame the ref.

Russia has to pick it up. They look soft and individualistic right now.

Canada someone has said has started to slow down; this is true and it worries me to. So it's up to the Russians to respond.

That being said. Go Canada Go :yo:

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
TML-SM said:
absolutely, same officitiating
disguisting, I wouldn't be proud of such a "win."
:shakehead

Do you honestly think Russia would be winning this game anyways? They look horrible and are getting manhandled at the hands of a more disciplined and physicaly gifted team. Drop the excuses it's getting sickening. I've watched hockey for 25 years and NO ONE can tell me that this even cracks the "top 20 worst officiated International Hockey games." I'll admit there's been an unusual amount of 5 on 3's but I'd blame it more on a lack of discipline on the Russians part. Oh and I'm proud of all of our wins and the fact that I do not blame officials when we lose. Anybody who knows anything about hockey knows how INCREDIBLY WEAK that is.
:shakehead

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Critisize the reffing all you want...Yashin and Kovalchuk were out to lonch that period...they cost their team 2 odd amn rushes by roaming out of posotion and allowing Candaian D-men to jump up into the counter attack...Team Canada is by far the better team.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Macman said:
How did they get screwed, other than on the diving call? Canada should have gotten a cross-check on that as well. What penalty shouldn't have counted? The crosscheck to Draper's head on the faceoff. The holding of the stick in front of the Russian goal? The punch to the head on I forget who?

"A canadian player holds Afionogenov for 5 seconds then Afinogenov pushes him away and gets 2 for roughing? The last call should be 2 min. Maltby or no penalty but not 2 min. for diving??
The penalties against Regehr and Denisov you shouldn't call, either"

And plus the moment when Russia was in attack and referee wristles to give Canada a penalty. He is onesided picky. The referee is so unpredictable and make everybody nerveous for his unpredictable calles or not calls.

Hockeycanada*

Russia is playing terrible. The fans are showing no civilization by throwing objects on the ice. Let's hope Ovechkin doesn't quit like he did in the WJC.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Slay said:
Denisov you shouldn't call, either"

Wasn't Denisov called for holding the stick in front of the Russian net? That's a penalty and it's going to get called every time.

Hockeycanada*

Bob Clarke Fan Club said:
Jovo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wonder who he tripped or slashed to get that goal. Friggin cheater :handclap:
That's the only way Canada can win anything, by cheating.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Bubba64 said:
Who is the most offensive DEF in Canada roaster ??? Redden, Jova ?? Who can score today ??

Just about every Canada defenceman but Boyle has scored so far. Just goes to show what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad