WC SF: May 14 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Honestly, I have no idea. All I can foresee is a high scoring game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the final score was in the 6-5 range.

Danja

Oct 16, 2004
Los Angeles
Despite being a Russia fan, I see them going down, but with an extremely high score. I think they would have a chance, but Sokolov has not looked very sharp. If he continues like that, Nash and Thornton will rip him appart. However, he looked pretty decent in the penalty shot round against the Fins. If he plays like that, Russia has a good chance, especially if Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Kovalev, and Afinogenov keep producing.

If Sokolov plays bad: 8-(4 or 5) Canada

If Sokolov plays well: (5 or 6)-4 Russia

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
As I already said, Russia is horrible. This team has :
- no defense
- a very shaky goalie who can let in a ton of goals on weak shots
- the most ridiculous ever PP and PK units.

My prediction? 11-0 Canada.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
Canada is a favorite, however Russian offense (nothing else left ;) can explode.
Canada 5 Russia 4
or
Russia 6 Canada 4

either, should be a pretty exciting game, my buddy and I are going to be up at 10 to see it !

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Bench Jovo, and Canada has themseleves a win :sarcasm:

It's gonna be a toss-up, there's no clear advantage for either team, considering their pathetic defensive coverage and goaltending (Pathetic goaltending, and Canada mentioned in the same sentence? My god.).

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Brule said:
Bench Jovo, and Canada has themseleves a win :sarcasm:

It's gonna be a toss-up, there's no clear advantage for either team, considering their pathetic defensive coverage and goaltending (Pathetic goaltending, and Canada mentioned in the same sentence? My god.).
i watched the game yesterday twice and jovo was much better - he's banged up but getting better -

where's your faith?

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
4-2 Canada.

Russia will completely outplay Canada, but in typical Canadian fashion, we will find a way to win with less than 5 minutes left. Either way, its a good game.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
I think this'll be a very close game (really going out on a limb there eh?), but the homer in me has to call it 5-4 for Canada, probably in OT.

On a related note, I'm watching the first game of the 87 Canada Cup finals right now.... holy ****, everything you've ever heard about this is true, amazing, amazing hockey. I wish I'd been older than 6 when this was on so I could have fully appreciated it then... Now I already know the score for every game, and this is still facinating hockey.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Berkut said:
Where did you get those games??

You can get the 1987 Canada Cup finals from amazon.ca, and the 1972 series as well

But Canada never published anything they lost, so we Russians are kinda screwed.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
wilka91 said:
You can get the 1987 Canada Cup finals from amazon.ca, and the 1972 series as well

But Canada never published anything they lost, so we Russians are kinda screwed.

I've got both of those. Would really like to get the 1981 final...

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I think the game will be more defensive than most people are predicting. Both teams will probably be playing cautious at first because of the tremendous amount of respect they have for each other. The game could go either way, but I'm guess 3-2 Canada.

Oil_slick9416*

This should be great. but i'm afraid with the biased refs and all the cabinet power canada has, the russians stand no chance...

now...

should be great high scoring game. the team that scores the more goals will win, mark my words on that.

Captain Leaf

wilka91 said:

Try the Moscow Komrade-mart chain maybe they sell them there .

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
i think the canadians will be a bit more defensive - got burnt a couple times last game - i think they'll give marty a bit more support - dunno what the score could be - anyone's guess -

i wonder if yashin will show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad