WC SF: May 14 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Jokerit Wasp said:
Canada can breeze through the last 40mins, rest the top guns, and play the winners of a hard fought late face off match between Czech n Sweden....

I know. There should be another days rest, really..

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
hossy316 said:
Just keep this thing updated. I am at stupid work today!! :madfire:

Hossy....Canada looks GOOD... balance and their forwards playing both ends are making up for any defensive shortcomings they may have on the big ice. I wonder if the guy that made the sarcastic 11-0 prediction is Psychic??
:clap:

chicpea*

BAuldie said:
Looks like Brodeur has his cheerios this mornin

Totally. The two saves he made in the first minute got him off on the right foot. The Russians came out flying.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
StickShift said:
How is Russia supposed to get back in this game when they take pathetic penalties like that?
Or when they are given ridiculous penalties like that...

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Bob Clarke Fan Club said:
Hossy....Canada looks GOOD... balance and their forwards playing both ends are making up for any defensive shortcomings they may have on the big ice. I wonder if the guy that made the sarcastic 11-0 prediction is Psychic??
:clap:

Thanks. :D
I was just about to post something on the baseball board, but you are all over this one my man!! :yo:

Captain Leaf

crappy call ...when a guy turns his back on you at the last moment ..too bad he should be fair game

Captain Leaf

Hey markov has been hanging around ribero and kovalev too long ..what a DIVE!!!!

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
HAHA!! DIVING! I was waiting for a diving penalty. Seeing Russians drop like they've been shot all over the ice.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Captain Leaf said:
crappy call ...when a guy turns his back on you at the last moment ..too bad he should be fair game

Morrow never once had a clear check on his shoulder or chest

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Finnish ref needs some lessons in logic.

You give Markov a diving penalty, then you penalize Maltby for roughing? Hmm...

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Not tremendously impressed with the officiating. The ref is making correct calls, but chintzy calls for such an important game. Reminds me of the first 3-4 games of an NHL season when the refs get asked to call it strictly by the book. This type of officiating shouldn't happen at this point in time. Let them play a bit.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
kolanos said:
Finnish ref needs some lessons in logic.

You give Markov a diving penalty, then you penalize Maltby for roughing? Hmm...

Maltby wasn't penalized.. thats why the Russians are pissed..lol

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
RedWingFan said:
Morrow never once had a clear check on his shoulder or chest

Agreed...Morrow looked like he knew it too. Wasn't that bad an infraction but either were a couple of the Russians. I don't think the reffing has been that bad...Maybe the quick whistle on the penalty to Morrow...Didn't think Canada touched the puck after the boarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad