GDT: WC Latvia vs Czechs

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Energy seems completely different with Pasta onboard. Having 3:0 lead against Latvia so early given how much Czechs usually struggle against them and after the blunder with Austria is healing my soul. It's a slow healing process, but at least it gives a bit of optimism for the rest of the match and tournament.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Latvian D is all over the place. I wonder how Cukste was ever a 3rd round pick.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
This is probably the match where the czechs get the things going

This was my feeling as well, so this is the first game I'm actually watching. Just feels good getting your timing right sometimes :cool:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I love Hronek . My fav Czech d today! But if I see him do that stupid circle in neutral zone one more time....

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Energy seems completely different with Pasta onboard. Having 3:0 lead against Latvia so early given how much Czechs usually struggle against them and after the blunder with Austria is healing my soul. It's a slow healing process, but at least it gives a bit of optimism for the rest of the match and tournament.
It had all the makings of a low scoring game... Hard working Latvians... Lots of fans... Good NHL goalie. Happy for some nice bounces

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hertl with 2 points... Blumel is a fixer of slumps. Amazing we didn't let him play at Olympics

GX

Dec 28, 2011
I never expected that Latvia may pull an upset here, after Czechs losing to Austrians. However, it still is shocking how lackluster effort Latvia is putting up. Most importantly - I don't see any glimpse of team character.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
If Czechia doesn't give up the last-minute goal vs Austria and subsequently loses, this wouldn't be 5-0 right now

The Austrians poked a beehive and now Latvia is paying for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Mestaruus and GX

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
If Czechia doesn't give up the last-minute goal vs Austria and subsequently loses, this wouldn't be 5-0 right now

Agreed, that loss was the kick in the ass they needed. Be interesting to see what kind of team the Czechs are now going forward.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed, that loss was the kick in the ass they needed. Be interesting to see what kind of team the Czechs are now going forward.
As long as we can get Vrana, Hronek and Hertl going.. we should be a pain in the ass!

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
If the Czechs end up at that fourthplace they’ll be a nightmare for anyone who win the other group. You wouldn’t exactly expect to draw Czechia in a quarterfinal as a groupwinner.

Reactions: Hemsky001

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

As long as we can get Vrana, Hronek and Hertl going.. we should be a pain in the ass!
Yep, of course it will come down to if they can get good team defense going if you want a nice coloured medal.

Well, nothing further to see here, time to switch to the Canada game. The fire has changed the clock for me and I will now not be able to watch all of it but it's not life or death against Kazakhstan I suppose.

Reactions: Czechboy

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
This is the Czech I expected to see after those disappointing results against Sweden and Austria. Adversity often brings teams together when it comes to top teams and we are starting to see that. In this case it was bad results and teammates fighting that did that. I think that USA will be beaten on regular time by the Czechs and we will see a true thriller who places #2 in the group, Finland or Czech.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This is the Czech I expected to see after those disappointing results against Sweden and Austria. Adversity often brings teams together when it comes to top teams and we are starting to see that. In this case it was bad results and teammates fighting that did that. I think that USA will be beaten on regular time by the Czechs and we will see a true thriller who places #2 in the group, Finland or Czech.
I wouldn't say the loss to Sweden was disappointing... they were the favs. The Austrian thing seems easily fixed if we keep winning as Austria already lost their next game. US will play a great game against us... I like their roster and they have some D that are better than our D. Swayman is my dream Oiler's goalie too!

Finn matchup... let's see standings after 6 games. Lots can happen.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Didn't see 2nd... Not good at all! 5-0 lead... Hate it when you lose good players in uncompetitive games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00