GDT: WC Latvia vs Czechs

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Look you want to believe he's a star - go ahead. Like I said, in the end, it all depends what do you think a star player is.
The Czechs have a proverb: Statistics are boring, but they have valuable data. It rhymes in Czech. Here, if nothing else, they have quite a clear telling value:dunce:

Reactions: Czechboy

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The Czechs have a proverb: Statistics are boring, but they have valuable data. It rhymes in Czech. Here, if nothing else, they have quite a clear telling value:dunce:
Yes, the guys had 2 50+ seasons in his career and by your own camp's accord is "24th amongst C's since 2018..". If you think being 24th in your position alone deserves a star notion, bully for you.

Also unfortunate that "agree to disagree" isn't a proverb in Czech. "Be a homer til the last breath" probably is.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Yes, the guys had 2 50+ seasons in his career and by your own camp's accord is "24th amongst C's since 2018..". If you think being 24th in your position alone deserves a star notion, bully for you.

Also unfortunate that "agree to disagree" isn't a proverb in Czech. "Be a homer til the last breath" probably is.
So Karlsson Vlasic with crazy contracts and poor performances okay, Couture for the last season with worse statistics are (and better statistics, that Hertl played last season's second attack, which with his performances) are all better. The best ppg in the team for the last season is such a prank. Yeah, I'm a homer and you're a joke. Maybe there's no star in SJ alone, clown.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So both Karlsson and Vlasic with crazy contracts and poor performances are fine, Couture over the last season with worse stats (and better teammates, this Hertl played last season's second attack that pulled their performances) are all better. The best ppg in the team over the last season is also such a prank. Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like BT aint for me either. Maybe there's no star in SJ alone, clown.
I never said they were better players, I said they are more recognizable names. Which they are: Karlsson has 2 Norris trophies, Burns has one, Vlasic played top pair D on the gold medal-winning OG teams, Couture has been the face of the franchise in the post-Marleau/Pavs/Thornton era. I never said they are the better players. Maybe you should invest in reading glasses before calling people clowns.

And yes, in general, I'd agree SJ has no legitimate NHL star at the moment. That's why they are such a garbage team. And Hertl might be the best player on that garbage team, doesn't make him a star.

If you hate my take so much maybe take it up with Hertl and tell him to score at PPG pace for once in his career.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I never said they were better players, I said they are more recognizable names. Which they are: Karlsson has 2 Norris trophies, Burns has one, Vlasic played top pair D on the gold medal-winning OG teams, Couture has been the face of the franchise in the post-Marleau/Pavs/Thornton era. I never said they are the better players. Maybe you should invest in reading glasses before calling people clowns.

And yes, in general, I'd agree SJ has no legitimate NHL star at the moment. That's why they are such a garbage team. And Hertl might be the best player on that garbage team, doesn't make him a star.

If you hate my take so much maybe take it up with Hertl and tell him to score at PPG pace maybe for once in his career.
Meier is not a star?

Reactions: Czechboy

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Meier is not a star?
Well, he has had 1 good season while being kinda suspicious defensively and has been very inconsistent throughout his career. But if he builds up a more solid resume he will probably become one, sure. That's no certain thing though.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

If you hate my take so much maybe take it up with Hertl and tell him to score at PPG pace for once in his career.
If the table of shooters is okay, I think it's more than good company. But maybe they're not stars.
And in general, Hujer, meteleskublesku..

Reactions: Elias40

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If the table of shooters is okay, I think it's more than good company. But maybe they're not stars.
And in general, Hujer, meteleskublesku..
Is Marchessault a star? Is Nugent-Hopkins? Perron? Fiala? Reinhart? Evander Kane? Just because they can match certain star players in certain areas of expertise doesn't make them just as good.

By the way, you were advocating so much for "a clear telling value" of statistics. So in Fantasy, very much a stats-based game, Hertl was 95th most valuable player this year. His average draft position was 126. When I'm thinking "star" I think more in terms of top-50, no?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

What year did Karlsson win the Norris again? In San Jose?

When did Burns win the Norris?

What year was Vlasic on the Top pair in the OG?

Given you said Hertl's 'peak' was a 4 goal game in 2013.. I feel like you are referencing stats from 2013 to 2018 and not 2018 to 2022 like I did. My other proof is that you don't think Meier is a star. He's the top point getter for the sharks in the last 4 seasons and was a .99 ppg player this season. What more should he do?

Also, can you please show me the 96th to 99th and 94th to 90th 'most valuable players this year'? I'm not sure what stat you are referencing... curious what kind of company he's keeping and what the stat is based on? Link?

What do you mean 'by average draft position'? He was a first rounder and is top 50 2 major stats in the last 4 years (already included those stats previously) except assists.

50th in points since 2018
32nd in goals since 2018
89th in assists since 2018

You also said he needs to score at a .ppg but Meier did that and he's not a star either according to you. Needs to be more consistent according to you but he is the leading scorer for SJ over 4 full seasons.

What exactly is your criteria? And why is .84ppg not good enough?

Last question.. how is a C in the top 25 amongst C's in 4 seasons not producing like a 1C? 32 team league and .84 ppg. That's 2C production?

You also mentioned RNH and Kane from the list, did you see any other names on that list? I saw some pretty big 'stars' on that list. Is 4 seasons not enough?

Please say hi to your friend in Denver! I asked my Uber driver tonight who Connor McDavid is and they had no idea.. guess Connor isn't a 1C either.

Please post your links that have him at 126 for 'average draft position' and '95th most valuable player'. Whole list please so I can see what we are talking about. I've already posted my stats.

Reactions: Goodman68

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Please post your links that have him at 126 for 'average draft position' and '95th most valuable player'. Whole list please so I can see what we are talking about. I've already posted my stats.
Dude, go to yahoo fantasy and check it out, it's not that hard. Just because you are willing to throw hours away debating redundant point doesn't mean I am. I was set on agreeing to disagree ages ago, I don't care if you think he's a star or not. You on the other hand struggle to accept people might have different opinions.

Just because my star list is limited to TSN's top-50 players and yours isn't doesn't make either of us right or wrong. He can be a star to you, no worries.

Last question.. how is a C in the top 25 amongst C's in 4 seasons not producing like a 1C? 32 team league and .84 ppg. That's 2C production?
My absolute favorite part. Every time you want to prove something you have to go 4 years back because 18/19 was the only actual star-level season Hertl has ever had. He was 63rd in PPG amongst centers alone this season, 115th overall. So yes, he barely makes it into 2C production. In a 32-team league, absolutely. Wake up.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Dude, go to yahoo fantasy and check it out, it's not that hard. Just because you are willing to throw hours away debating redundant point doesn't mean I am. I was set on agreeing to disagree ages ago, I don't care if you think he's a star or not. You on the other hand struggle to accept people might have different opinions.

Just because my star list is limited to TSN's top-50 players and yours isn't doesn't make either of us right or wrong. He can be a star to you, no worries.

My absolute favorite part. Every time you want to prove something you have to go 4 years back because 18/19 was the only actual star-level season Hertl has ever had. He was 63rd in PPG amongst centers alone this season, 115th overall. So yes, he barely makes it into 2C production. In a 32-team league, absolutely. Wake up.
And I thought that even those numbers in 4 years put him in great company, not just in a hot season. But you can choose only some from the table of shooters. So let's look at the rest. Crosby, Huberdeau, Panarin. Just some of the non-star players. Ok, keep picking what fits here. But in that case, you're the clown for me. That's enough, goodbye

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yes, I'm the one who is cherrypicking the stats to make the case, not you. Absolutely :laugh: Goodbye indeed.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I used 2018 to 2022... A 200 game sample size from 4 years ago to today. I even included a picture of the stat. So no, I'm not going back to 2018. I am using the most recent 200 games as my sample.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I used 2018 to 2022... A 200 game sample size from 4 years ago to today. I even included a picture of the stat. So no, I'm not going back to 2018. I am using the most recent 200 games as my sample.
Oh for sure. And 200 games is just a random number, no thought went into picking it whatsoever.

Like I said, you can have him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3