WC Final: May 13th GDT - Finland vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I don't speak about Russia now or about yesterday's game. I speak about this game and this final. I've wanted to watch some cool game from both teams... and what crap I see in WC final ? Only Canada plays at final level...

This is my yesterday message:

Your team is watching from the stands, little fellow.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
"There's a few Canadian fan amongs the thousands of Finnish fans flagging for their country"

More probably they're just those ****tard finns who are rooting for Canada. I mean how badly can you be a gloryhunter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jude

Apr 18, 2006
Helsinki
I don't speak about Russia now or about yesterday's game. I speak about this game and this final. I've wanted to watch some cool game from both teams... and what crap I see in WC final ? Only Canada plays at final level...

This is my yesterday message:

I agree that the Russia - Canada match most likely would have been much better entertainment & closer match, but its still not our Finns fault we won the semi final :p:

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Andy Murray will bring another international gold to Canada. If this guy isn't coaching in 2010, it would be absolutely ridiculous. How many coaches in Canada are better?

Domination by Canada. They made the swedes look bad, but in retrospective, we can say that we lost to a clearly better team.

Gratz to the gold Canada(If the finns don't pull a miracle!)

Silvret ska hem till Finland igen!(Fixed Frölunda chant ;) )

espo*

After all this is just hockey. I love to see when any team has this kind of talent like you do at the moment. We usually make a good squad but we suck when it matters the most. This is when the indivitual skill takes places and this is something we don't have enough yet.

For example if you watch NHL scoreboard / statics how many finnish players do you see among the 20 or say 30 best scorers. I think max of 3. When there's about 3-6 swedish, 3-6 slovaks, 3-6 checzh. This is something we really need to work on.

Well said.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I am now putting on my Selänne jersey so someone will finally score ^^ I wore it for every goal but the final in the olympics (forgot it at home >_<

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
www.russianhockeyfans.com
Jude said:
I agree that the Russia - Canada match most likely would have been much better entertainment & closer match, but its still not our Finns fault we won the semi final
Yes, your fault that you are losing 3-0 in final and already say that game is over. This is not what I've expected from final.

Faktisti*

why did finland win canada in a friendly match just before the wc and now lose?

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Andy Murray will bring another international gold to Canada. If this guy isn't coaching in 2010, it would be absolutely ridiculous. How many coaches in Canada are better?

Silvret ska hem till Finland igen!(Fixed Frölunda chant ;) )

This is the second thing were Canada is ahead. Their coaching is just brilliant. Murray uses "hot" players when needed and plays line against line really perfectly.
Canada has won alot of faceoffs, I think because they've also scouted our faceoffs so they are playing always right center vs. center. Brilliant I say.

Sorry to be so Canadian fan at the moment, but I really can't find any good things in our game at the moment. This is totally different team I saw last night. Altought Canada is alot more different and harder team than Russia was. Canada doesn't just surf around, they drive to the net and score from the close range. This is where we are in serious trouble.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS!

Go FINNS! Go FINNS!
Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS! Go FINNS!

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks Shack...good to see a real hockey man...

This is the second thing were Canada is ahead. Their coaching is just brilliant. Murray uses "hot" players when needed and plays line against line really perfectly.
Canada has won alot of faceoffs, I think because they've also scouted our faceoffs so they are playing always right center vs. center. Brilliant I say.

Sorry to be so Canadian fan at the moment, but I really can't find any good things in our game at the moment. This is totally different team I saw last night. Altought Canada is alot more different and harder team than Russia was. Canada doesn't just surf around, they drive to the net and score from the:handclap: close range. This is where we are in serious trouble.

who can put his home-town passion behind him in order to see what's needed.

Thanks for the complement to Canada's young team and your insight into the needs of Finlands needs in the future. Good observations.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Oh my God. In the NHL that isn't even a penalty. Hockey is a contact sport.
Hockey is a contact sport, but there are still illegal hits, even in NHL. As far as I know, elbowing is one of those hits that are illegal world wide. In international hockey, headhunting is also illegal, which is just as logical as it's illegal to take out someone's knees.

But I've started to understand that some Canadians consider the elbow as the same body part as the shoulder. I don't know what kind of weird camera angle you watched it from or which homer commentators that quickly said it was a clean hit, but from the camera angle most of us watched, it was a clear elbowing to the head.

All this added together could easily have made a 2+2 penalty on Staal for that hit, as the risk for a concussion would have been there if it would have hit the Finnish defenseman worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad