WC Final: May 13th GDT - Finland vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Finland has to win this. I need my bragging rights in our family. I'm moving to Canada shortly, and I'd like to go in as a winner :help:

Canada is better than Russia, but it will be a different game from todays game. Finland is far better than the team sweden they had to fight today. I am expecting shots to be pretty even this time, and puck possession too. It comes down to goalies and shot quality. We have the better goalie, they have the better shot quality. It's gonna be one tough battle between two physical teams.

Great final! :yo:

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
It isn't surprising at all, that the two semifinal teams with the most NHLers, meet in the final.

Canada will take this, IMO.

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
Sweet two teams i was rooting for meet in the finals.
I love Finnish hockey.

though, tomorrow, I'm rooting for Canada obviously, I'm sure it'll be a tight game.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I agree. Finland is my favorite Euro country. So if Canada doesn't win Gold tomorrow I won't be too disappointed.

I'm sure this game means a lot to Finland. They deserve to win a big tournament. I felt so bad for you guys losing the Gold medal to Sweden at the Turin Olympics.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
I'm thanking the hockey god's that this final matchup of my dreams came true.

I'm just so happy we won't have to face the Swedes, and have our hearts broken, again.:phew:

I love Canadian hockey almost as much as finnish.

It so nice to be able to watch a great final without having to be a nervous wreck since whoever wins will be a worthy winner imo.

If there is one team you can lose a final to, it's Canada.

If Canada wins then things are like they should, since I believe hockey is Canada's game.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Yeah, it sucks to lose against Sweden, but if Canada wins I'll be happy for them. I just hope Finland manages to make this a good game.

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
I love Finnish hockey.

though, tomorrow, I'm rooting for Canada obviously, I'm sure it'll be a tight game.

I love Canadian hockey.

though, tomorrow, I'm rooting for Finland obviously, I'm sure it'll be a tight game.

(I have no thoughts of my own)

aceshigh81

Aug 14, 2004
Finland
It´s 7.15pm in Finland, so eastern time would be...12.15pm?

This thread has turned sooo gay! Well, it´s never a shame to lose against Canada. Then again, Finland has quite dark history, eight times in tournament finals - and only one win: Lost Turin 2006, World Cup 2004...won WC-final 1995 - but lost 1992, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2001...

So it would be time to re-write the history. It´s going to be a tight game -hopefully. Guess we are underdogs, again, but perhaps this time Team Finland can win that last, final game. Semifinal win against Russia and getting to the finals was a small surprise, but why stop now?

Hp

Dec 2, 2004
I hope Finland win this game, i hope. Last time that happened in year -95

Canadians have good team like always, and this game will be though. My dream finals too, because i love canadian Ice hockey almost as much as Finnish

goggog: The game starts in Finland 7.15pm. Helsinki Gmt +2hours

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
Finland vs. Canada! The best final ever!

Finland was good, Canada was awesome. What a sunday coming...

A.O:s face was priceless. The big dream vol.2 is so close!

GO FIN GO!!!!

:yo:

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Hopefully, it will be a great game, with clean hits, scoring chances and that Finland win the 2nd title after 1995.

Statistically, Finland is slighty better on the goalie postition but this doesn't mean anything. K. Lehtonen will hopefully play as he did against Russia.

I'm rather pessimistic but I was wrong already twice, so I hope to be wrong again and Finland wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad