WC Final: May 13th GDT - Finland vs Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Andy Murray has once again found a very disciplined and effective tactics for Team Canada. They don't lose their temper like Russia when tackled and are playing so much more for the name in front of their jersey rather than the name behind it, so Finland must work a lot harder to destroy their game plan.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
This is the second thing were Canada is ahead. Their coaching is just brilliant. Murray uses "hot" players when needed and plays line against line really perfectly.
Canada has won alot of faceoffs, I think because they've also scouted our faceoffs so they are playing always right center vs. center. Brilliant I say.

Sorry to be so Canadian fan at the moment, but I really can't find any good things in our game at the moment. This is totally different team I saw last night. Altought Canada is alot more different and harder team than Russia was. Canada doesn't just surf around, they drive to the net and score from the close range. This is where we are in serious trouble.

This is one of the things where the 'quality' of our D-men really shows.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
This is one of the things where the 'quality' of our D-men really shows.

Really true. We should get a few mobile 190/100kg d-mens, but our scoring is IMO still the main factor. We could play good defence with 5 mens down, but we should score from the changes... I mean you have to score at least ones to win the game.

We have a few skilled and big d-mens, but they didn't show up to the tournament. (Sami Salo and Joni Pitkänen). But I still can't find any other. Jere Karalahti has the size, but his game has gone to the wrong direction.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This game looks very similar to the Canada - Sweden game. This Canadian team is excellent in making the other team look really bad. I guess double OT is starting to feel in the Finnish legs now as well.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Really true. We should get a few mobile 190/100kg d-mens, but our scoring is IMO still the main factor. We could play good defence with 5 mens down, but we should score from the changes... I mean you have to score at least ones to win the game.

We have a few skilled and big d-mens, but they didn't show up to the tournament. (Sami Salo and Joni Pitkänen). But I still can't find any other. Jere Karalahti has the size, but his game has gone to the wrong direction.

Yeah, but in this game particularly we've taken too many unnecessary penalties. Emotions working the wrong way.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Söderholm has been on the bench since his mistakes on the 2nd period. IMO there is no injury reasons.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
I would like to bring out few positive facts from our game.

1. Tuomo Ruutu
Definetly great tournament and he shows the right lion hard when needed. He fights from every single loose puck and gives all he has. He will be a great player for Chicago if he stays healthy.

2. Kari Lehtonen
He is really calm even Canada has scored three times. Goalie we can trust now and in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad