Value of: Wayne Simmonds or Boone Jenner to the Leafs

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
For one, you're focusing exclusively on the loudmouth headcases. Don't do that. There are Leafs fans who are capable of being reasonable, but shouting them down as though they're more of the same doesn't help.

And for another, this "they're being jerks so being a jerk back is perfectly okay" approach is not something one should be leaning on in any case. It's an occasional "whoops, mea culpa, I'll do better next time" thing, not a long-term posting strategy.

Both of your post are wrong. Posting facts isn't being a jerk, sorry.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not inherently, no, but it sure as heck can be if you use the proper technique.

As for being wrong about Leafs fans here... I know it's normally a cop-out to point to seniority on this site, but, c'mon, you haven't even been here a week. There's more than just the nutjobs.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs certainly don't have to trade any assets for wingers. Where would LW Jenner fit into the lineup. Even Simmons is isn't really needed at RW.
Simmons and Marner have exactly the same stats this year. I know they different players but no real benefit to the Leafs now or especially l0ng term.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am 100 percent serious.

I think Simmonds for Marner is a legitimate offer Philly should be seeking and value isn't insanely off. Remember, we got Top 5 picks in Schenn and Voracek (plus more) for Richie and Carter. Sure there's arguments to be made about their contracts being longer and being better (maybe), but that's why it's a 1-1 swap I'm proposing.

Marner seems to be the one struggling of the top 3 or 4 big guns in TO...Simmonds could really help them. Gotta give to get -- this may be the price to "get" a Wayne Simmonds.

This is just silly.

Simmonds isn't returning Marner.

Marner is a far better player at ES and almost a decade younger with more contract certainty.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Expect your not posting facts. I debunked your argument about JVR being 'average' (he is 23rd in goals over the last 5 years). You just choose to ignore it as it didn't fit your argument.

What are the kids in high school being taught these days...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kapanen + 1st is pretty close to fair value for Simmonds.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Kapanen + 1st is pretty close to fair value for Simmonds.
That might be fair value, but the question is, who does Simmons replace at RW for the Leafs. RWer for the Leafs, Nylander, Marner and Brown. There are lot of teams who could use Simmons a lot more than the Leafs.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
meh. if Simmonds is moving i'd rather try and move him out west and keep him out of the conference. preferably to the Oilers who have more attractive pieces than the Leafs do. plus their GM isn't exactly the brightest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad