Value of: Wayne Simmonds in a trade this summer

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Is there a way the Boston can land simmonds. He would be a great Bruin
Since Simmonds called the Boston fans "Gutless" that were spouting racist comments after Simmonds' pal Joel Ward scored to give Washington the playoff series win back in 2012, I don't think he'd be in a big hurry to be traded there.

RussianSpy

Oct 3, 2017
Chicago, IL
I think Wayne would be great in Big D; just not sure how we make that happen.
Nill either trade rapes or hockey trades - not sure either could really happen here. Most probable is a hockey trade...

To Dal:
Wayne Simmons
Phi 2018 1st Rd Pick (19)

To Phi:
Rights to RFA Devin Shore
Brett Ritchie
Dal 2018 1st Rd Pick.

I'm not saying the value is equal at least as it stands with Shore still developing - I'm just saying I think this would be the kind of package Nill would be okay with giving.

If Philly could do a extension and trade with Wayne at a cap Nill likes I think value would go way up.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Lol not even close.

Only reason to take Poolparty over Simmer is just for age.

98 games in the NHL for Poolparty and 28 total points. Simmer averages that in goals a year.

Poolparty has less value than what EDM fans rate him... that’s only due to the fact that he was a top 5 pick. Again... potential is a slippery slope because it really only applies if players actually reach that potential.

Only reason I would do Simmonds + 19 for Poolparty + 10 is again EDM did horribly developing him... I think he needs a change of scenery and I want the flyers to move up in the draft.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
You think it would tell something about value, when every single Philly fan wants Simmonds for Puljujarvi and no Edmonton fans want it.

I've actually very rarely seen EDM fans say no to that. It's been "ehhhhh" at best.

Value-wise, they can't be far off.

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
I think Wayne would be great in Big D; just not sure how we make that happen.
Nill either trade rapes or hockey trades - not sure either could really happen here. Most probable is a hockey trade...

To Dal:
Wayne Simmons
Phi 2018 1st Rd Pick (19)

To Phi:
Rights to RFA Devin Shore
Brett Ritchie
Dal 2018 1st Rd Pick.

I'm not saying the value is equal at least as it stands with Shore still developing - I'm just saying I think this would be the kind of package Nill would be okay with giving.

If Philly could do a extension and trade with Wayne at a cap Nill likes I think value would go way up.

That's really bad for the Flyers. No way they add their first just to move up 6 spots.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Dallas and Edmonton are two teams I would target if I was Hextall. Maybe Chicago too. Teams that don’t need prospects but need players now. And those teams could potentially sign him to an extension. Of course if I was the GM, any offer would have to include the first rounder. After that depending on what team we are talking about varying degrees of other assets.

Remember Milan Lucic got traded in similar fashion and returned 13th, Martin Jones and Colin Miller. All valuable pieces.

I would look for a comparable deal.

Reactions: mmvvpp

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Dallas and Edmonton are two teams I would target if I was Hextall. Maybe Chicago too. Teams that don’t need prospects but need players now. And those teams could potentially sign him to an extension. Of course if I was the GM, any offer would have to include the first rounder. After that depending on what team we are talking about varying degrees of other assets.

Remember Milan Lucic got traded in similar fashion and returned 13th, Martin Jones and Colin Miller. All valuable pieces.

I would look for a comparable deal.
Simmonds is older and LA overpaid. I think if the Flyers can get a mid to late first round pick and a young player/good prospect they will have done well. I would trade Simmonds to Dallas straight up for 13.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Hope Toronto can pick him up some how. Brings toughness and he can score. Toronto lacked toughness in the playoffs. Not sure how his defence is though.

PenatlyBoxKiller50

Jun 5, 2018
Interested so far for Simmonds value. Philly doesn't really need additional draft picks and Calgary does.

Calgary:
Simmonds
Gudas
2018 19th OA

Philly:
Hamilton
Bennett

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So let me get this straight, in a thread a few weeks ago I said that I'd move the 14 and 19 picks to get Tkachuk at 5 or 6 and was chastised for it but now, Simmonds is worth the 10 pick and it's now okay to trade the 10 and 19 picks? Lol, it's funny how perspectives and change from week to week
Don't feel bad the same guy said he wouldn't trade the 14 and 19 for the Habs 3rdOA.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Me too, but that's because I think we get EXACTLY what we need and they over pay. Can't see why they'd do it though. Do they really want Simmonds that bad at the expense of Hamilton?

Oh, I'm sure Calgary would never do that deal. But since it was proposed, I have to humbly accept when offered.

Reactions: phlocky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad