Value of: Wayne Simmonds in a trade this summer

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Fabbri for Simmonds and a conditional 2019 pick, depending on how many games Fabbri plays.

Not sure id like Fabbri as a center piece. Lots of skill, but theres a lot of injuries ( ill avoid injury prone for the sake of not all of them being recurring) there to be frightened of. 2 knees, a concussion and a (relatively minor) high ankle are not exactly encouraging marks. IF we're taking Fabbri, the conditional pick is coming to us, not coming from.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I love the way Wayne Simmonds plays, but this is a dangerous guy to acquire right now. His playstyle involves absorbing a lot of damage and he looked awful for much of this year. Possible he was playing through something, but it's also possible all that damage is catching up.

I'd be very wary of paying what it would take to acquire him.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I love the way Wayne Simmonds plays, but this is a dangerous guy to acquire right now. His playstyle involves absorbing a lot of damage and he looked awful for much of this year. Possible he was playing through something, but it's also possible all that damage is catching up.

I'd be very wary of paying what it would take to acquire him.
Just google his injuries. Not saying his play style won’t catch up with him but this year he was banged up beyond belief. He most likely will rebound big next year. Even injured the way he was this year he still didn’t have a dreadful season.

PenatlyBoxKiller50

Jun 5, 2018
Calgary has exactly what philly needs in Bennett and Hamilton. They need to use there assets to acquire them. Especially if they are both potentially on the trading block.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
Ok Hagg instead of gudas and a forth.
Philly:
Hamilton
Bennett

Calgary:
Simmonds
Hagg
19th OA
2018 4th
Still no. If simmonds was like 6-8 years younger then maybe, but calgary doesn't need to trade Hamilton for an aging RW an inferior defenseman and a late draft pick. Nevermind throwing in bennett as well. The only way Hamilton is traded is for a young stud RW. Think Mark Stone, Mitch Marner etc caliber players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad