Value of: Wayne Simmonds in a trade this summer

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
What teams would have serious interest in trading for Wayne Simmonds? The asking price is a mid to late first round pick and another asset. Something like a decent third line winger OR decent prospect, OR a future 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They will say Frost.

Actually, they will say Thomas is not available....which he shouldn't be. They are attempting to fix the C spot and hopefully Thomas is part of that solution.

Right. And that's warranted. I already edited. Got the names mixed up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Simmonds for 1st + Thompson is a deal that a few St.L fans and myself have agreed upon is the last few months. Can't imagine anything has changed.

Seems like a fair deal for both.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Simmonds for 1st + Thompson is a deal that a few St.L fans and myself have agreed upon is the last few months. Can't imagine anything has changed.

Seems like a fair deal for both.

Right. I know this one was mostly agreed upon at the deadline, just curious if maybe we need to add a 4th conditional to 3rd (re-sign) to push it over the top?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Right. I know this one was mostly agreed upon at the deadline, just curious if maybe we need to add a 4th conditional to 3rd (re-sign) to push it over the top?
With the pick set to be in the 28-31 range at this point I don't see why the Flyers would have to add. Thompson is a pretty good prospect but they have a few forwards prospects who are better than him.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Simmonds will have a good bounce back year, unreal the injuries he was playing through

Would be interesting to see what Hextall would do with 3 first round picks

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Interested. RH RW is a big need. With his age and upcoming UFA status though not sure if the equivalent of two 1sts makes sense from an asset management standpoint.

Reactions: stl76

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
With the pick set to be in the 28-31 range at this point I don't see why the Flyers would have to add. Thompson is a pretty good prospect but they have a few forwards prospects who are better than him.

True, but at the deadline this was mostly agreed. They've now lost an additional potential (at the time) run out of him. If adding a 4th pushes it over, I'd be okay with that. We have room for good prospects, so no 1st ot 2nd rounder should go anywhere, but 3rd and 4th for better prospects? Sure. Big player...probably more of a winger at this point, would slot well on the third line. Decent hands and could move up if Hakstol gets the urge to play Konecny with bags of bricks on his skates again.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
True, but at the deadline this was mostly agreed. They've now lost an additional potential (at the time) run out of him. If adding a 4th pushes it over, I'd be okay with that. We have room for good prospects, so no 1st ot 2nd rounder should go anywhere, but 3rd and 4th for better prospects? Sure. Big player...probably more of a winger at this point, would slot well on the third line. Decent hands and could move up if Hakstol gets the urge to play Konecny with bags of bricks on his skates again.
I wouldn't go any higher than a fourth in 2019and I honestly think they can do a little bit better. I would prefer something centered around a pick in the late teens/early 20's but if the trade off for taking a very late first is getting a pretty good prospect who might be NHL ready like Thompson I would certainly have interest.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I wouldn't go any higher than a fourth in 2019and I honestly think they can do a little bit better. I would prefer something centered around a pick in the late teens/early 20's but if the trade off for taking a very late first is getting a pretty good prospect who might be NHL ready like Thompson I would certainly have interest.

Right. If someone's offering a higher first. I definitely consider it. But I'm probably higher on Thompson than most. Love his skillset and size and feel like its be a good way to add some size to the line up. Wed also be trading him for - as a blues fan mentioned - two (albeit, late) first. I'd say that's good value for Simmonds with kne year left.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'm still offering Leafs 1st and Connor Brown. Gotta give to get and I think Simmonds would be a great addition worth losing a hard working decent producing top 9 player on a very decent contract and a late 1st (would be next years I guess, could end up being mid round if things go a bit south for the Leafs)

Reactions: Tripod

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm still offering Leafs 1st and Connor Brown. Gotta give to get and I think Simmonds would be a great addition worth losing a hard working decent producing top 9 player on a very decent contract and a late 1st (would be next years I guess, could end up being mid round if things go a bit south for the Leafs)
As much as I would hate to see Simmonds remain in the east that is a very good deal and would I would personally take.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad