OT: Watcha Playin? Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Maybe yall can help me figure this out. I'm thinking about getting a new console. I'm not a big gamer, I might play NHL/Madden/PGA games and that Star Wars Battlefront looks neat. Mostly it will used as a media center, running Netflix and Hulu, playing Blu-Rays and music, etc.

Basic needs would be, need to be able to stream video via USB drive, have a big hard drive to hold lots of downloaded TV episodes/movies, full-featured Netflix and Hulu apps, Blu-ray playing, Wi-fi out of the box without having to buy anything else, ease of getting HD audio to my surround system. I'm assuming both the Xbox One and PS4 are capable of doing all those things, but if one or the other can do specific things better then that's what will make my decision for me. Also I do have a 4K TV now so it would be nice to take full advantage of that.

I'm still using my launch PS3 which is running pretty much 8-10 hours a day. Still, I don't really have any brand loyalty, if the Xbox One is a better option than the PS4 for my needs that's what I'll get.

/too lazy to do my own research

PS4 Pro would tick all these boxes with the plus that you're already used to its interface and controller layout.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I enjoyed star wars battlefront more than battlefield one....blasphemy I know. Swbf doesn't take itself as seriously and is more fun. Both have great landscapes.

If you get it get the season pass or you will have long queues to get into the original maps in multiplayer.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
Seems like there is some interest for a ps4 EASHL team.

Count me in too, I just got NHL17 for xmas.

Username is Commodore_Chis if anyone would like to play with/against me at all.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Just finished up Final Fantasy XV, and not that I disliked it necessarily, but it didn't hold up to the old games for me in a number of ways. Didn't live up to any hype or wait for me.

Main story was way too short and somewhat boring. Not really much in the way of memorable characters, location, or music. In fact, some of the characters just seemed too similar to characters from past installments for my liking. Combat style and leveling up of abilities was pretty boring. None of the mini-games or side quests were particularly great. Just a lot of stuff they could have improved on.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I just realized Mass Effect: Andromeda comes out in a little over a month and a half!!!1 :hyper::hyper:

Preordered it this week.

EpNQv.gif

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Probably going to pick up for honor. R rally enjoyed Chivalry and hope for honor has friendly fire. Nothing better than sparring with someone and your own archers nailing you in the back

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
rocket league, dota, terraria, nhl 17, stellaris, and ck2 lately

also eternal which is currently in open beta and is like all the best parts of mtg and hearthstone smashed together. highly recommended

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
For Honor is really, really good. But it's ubisoft - mesning it feels like a free2play/pay2win game even tough it costs full price and p2p (seriously...?)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Anyone play PUBG? Could never get into H1Z1, but this **** is fun. Tired of playing solo though, I need fwends.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
A ridiculous game called "Magikarp Jump!" just came out for the iPhone today.

I've been playing it non-stop since 10:30am today, including during work meetings under the table.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
FIFA 17 be a player mode

We (USA) just lost to Portugal on penalties in the Quarters of the 2022 WC :(

Our keeper (me) saved 3 of 5, but Aron Johansson was the only one of our five to score. I blame Eriq Zavaleta for putting his attempt about 10 yards over the cross bar.

Not really sure why a Center Back with all of two goals to his name was taking penalties in our top 5, but whatever.

You do you Bruce Arena :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad