OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIIII: Nine lives, cat's eyes

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
That’s safe.

They haven’t been Oldies for ages now.
Technically anything through the 80's is now oldies....

Oldies is a term for musical genres such as pop music, rock and roll, doo-wop, surf music (broadly characterized as classic rock and pop rock) from the second half of the 20th century, specifically from around the mid-1950s to the 1980s, as well as for a radio format playing this music.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

They release a new album this week... #15 in 44 years.

Probably the best lyricist of his generation. And one of the best live bands I have ever seen. Have lost a tiiiny bit of vigour... but f***, I mean, he is 67. Will hopefully get time to see them again this year.

Got to see them in this era

and jeez, as a ~12-13 year old kind of set the bar for intensity at concerts that very few since have ever matched.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is nothing. A ways back I heard the Ramones in a grocery store.
I’m probably talking 20 years ago here when I worked at a grocery store on the day after Christmas. It had been playing Christmas music obviously, but with satellite link, so it had switched back to what it was previously, which was old school rap. Until they changed it, we were hearing NWA and like Public Enemy during that morning.

Reactions: swami24

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So i thought the Grammys were actually good, besides the obvious. Tracey Chapman showing up with Luke Combs kicked ass.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Of course, a shit load of UK bands came over in 63-64. But this one perhaps was the song that the cool guys loved the most. That is Alan Price on the Vox Continental, one of first portable solid state organs. Yeah 60 years ago! Remember it like yesterday.

Trostol....... LoveBites, a good female J-Metal band. Hear is another I like

But my J-Rock fav is still Band-Maid; this one would have made a great MTV video 30 years ago. Or things never change, really.....

Capt'n: they are coming out with a DVD of their Yokohama concert; it was a 4 hour concert. New album in August. BTW.....Trostol, LoveBites band members were at the concert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad