OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIII: All I Wanted was a Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for posting this - never heard of these guys before. I like it. Sounds familiar but can’t quite place it.

I love that the last 2+ minutes is just a long outro groove and the chorus doesn’t come back.
Enjoy the rabbit hole. I found them when they released Alkaline and they don’t disappoint.

Reactions: flyersnorth

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I've really been hooked on the band Ghost as of late. I had a chance to listen to Impera and was super impressed with the musicianship. The song Griftwood is clearly an ode to the guitar work of the late Edward Van Halen, with a layer of Def Leppard inspired harmonies and musical structure.

Call Me Little Sunshine is haunting, beautiful and dark. Spillways is a slowed down Runaway by Bon Jovi.

Incredible album. Incredible band. And I love all the dark imagery. Yes I'm well aware of the 'satanic' undertones, but much like bands such as KISS or Alice Cooper, I think Tobias is playing off that a bit. Add the late Frank Zappa would say, don't let them in on it.

Reactions: trostol

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

His show on WXPN was on repeat for a couple of weeks, so I knew something was up.

Apparently his last live show was in Sept. I didnt notice because I am more of a Funky Fri, and weeknight XPN listener.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
immediately got the mid 2000s Eminem vibes, especially the last bit of this one starting at 5:12

He even called out the Eminem reference haha

yeah definitely wasn't anything musically or conceptually mind blowing, just from a performance and total package was quite incredible to watch. felt like I was watching a piece of theatre or something

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
He even called out the Eminem reference haha

yeah definitely wasn't anything musically or conceptually mind blowing, just from a performance and total package was quite incredible to watch. felt like I was watching a piece of theatre or something
I was absolutely captivated no shit. Def will be checking him out

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I was absolutely captivated no shit. Def will be checking him out
there is another trilogy of songs that's all supposed to tie together but its like 13 minutes long so I havent started until I can give it attention. been going down some of the quicker songs and his old busking stuff and its all great

that video is blowing up a bit and it is hitting all the reaction channels so he's getting a lot of attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad