OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIII: All I Wanted was a Pepsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They picked the song I am absolutely violently against anyone attempting to cover. I went into this desiring to hate it. The second she got to the chorus though, game over. They can't miss.

@GKJ
@Magua

I am ashamed this is 2 years old and I'm only just finding it.

Those Amazon exclusives tend to get lost because no one actually uses their music service so people don’t know it’s out there. I wish they’d perform some of their covers on their live shows.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For some reason I had a hankering to play some Supertramp one day after work in the recent past. I don't jam them too often, but I think I did ok with it.

Even though it's obvious why, it's interesting how strong the drums sound when you pull them out from the rest of the instruments. That's not a song where you think of the drums much. Good job.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

They picked the song I am absolutely violently against anyone attempting to cover. I went into this desiring to hate it. The second she got to the chorus though, game over. They can't miss.

@GKJ
@Magua

I am ashamed this is 2 years old and I'm only just finding it.

I've always enjoyed Pavement's take on this. The vibe is so different than the original but somehow still true to it.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Only played one song tonight. One of my all-time faves. The most recent episode of Fargo brought it back into my head so I had to give it a go. To echo Mr. Connery....One song only........

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
MSE's post of "Bored" in yesterday's gameday thread made me think of this one.

I loved when it came on Headbanger's Ball. Bought the CD. Stunned myself when I remember how hard it used to be to find music without spending 15 bucks (in 1990 dollars) on a CD....that sometimes only had 2 or 3 decent songs. One of the good things about the rise of the internet - you can find pretty much every song with a few keystrokes.

Anyway, even though I was a metalhead teenager when it was released, I think it still holds up.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Continuing down the YouTube rabbit hole… I arrived at this one. When I was a teen I used to go every Friday and Saturday night to public skating at Old York Road Skating Rink. They used play this song all the time. Very motivating to work up a good head of steam going round in circles (ovals).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad