GDT: Washington vs. Car

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Good game to show that we really need more talent. No jumping off a cliff here; I still see us in the p/o and making a little noise. Just noooooot quite there yet.

But we had plenty of talent playing 20 games over .500 the past 40 games, right? It's not talent. We didn't show up.

Reactions: Tryamw

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
**** the way we looked against them compared to tonight, I'd rather play them. They're dangerous as **** but not the possession mongers like the Caps. We weren't dangerous at all tonight
Not me. The only time I want to play Tampa again is if we manage to make the Eastern Conference finals.

Kucherov and Point look like they're going to score every time they touch the ice.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not a good night to lose, especially in regulation. No help from the Cats or Islanders tonight. At least we're still in our spot.

But Columbus and Montreal play each other Thursday night, and you know that one is probably going to be a 3 point game, so we better win Thursday night. There's no alternative, have to win Thursday night.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
But we had plenty of talent playing 20 games over .500 the past 40 games, right? It's not talent. We didn't show up.
Yes and no. I agree we did... but as I look at our recent play against TOP contenders, it's a very different game (and this isn't even the p/o yet.) There have not been many games over the last 20 were it seemed like we had virtually zero possession time in the offensive zone... all game. We were simply outmatched tonight. I don't see that as a knock on either our guy or our effort, just not quite up to par on the talent level. Not Ottawa off, mind you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad