OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
But it’s a quarterback-driven league, and the Redskins were desperate to shore up the game’s most important position. And so far, Smith has been something of a godsend, as teammates, coaches and front-office personnel alike cannot stop raving about his character
“As the quarterback, he’s got the right to say, ‘No I don’t feel like doing this today,’” Williams said. “But he has been everywhere, done everything for the team. He’s worked his behind off.”
It’s Smith’s way around other players the Redskins appreciate the most. Even the small things have stood out, Williams said, from the way he doesn’t demand to sit in the same seat during meetings — dead serious — to the way he goes out of his way to sit with different teammates at lunch in the cafeteria.
“He doesn’t give a [expletive] if he’s talking to o-linemen, d-linemen, defensive backs, running backs, scouts — that’s who he is,” Williams said. “And I can tell you this: After talking to the players, man, I haven’t met a guy on this team that doesn’t love Alex Smith.”
A big reason for that is Smith’s focus, which is best summarized by his reaction to teammates who — every once in a while — bring up their past experiences with Cousins or last year’s 7-9 campaign.
“I just nip it in the bud,” Smith said. “Basically, I ignore it, then flip it to the present to what we’ve got going on right now or what we’ve got to do this next year.
After years of instability, here’s why Alex Smith is the QB Washington needs

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

One thing to say Doc is “fine” but shoulder injuries, speaking from experience, like ankle injuries can linger with a sport like football. Then factor in Doc’s Achilles issues his rookie year. Way to soon to blow this off like no big deal.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Love this piece by Earl Thomas. Wouldn't mind the Redskins trading for him. Earl and DJ would be fun to watch in the secondary.

It’s a good view inside the world of non-guaranteed contracts. Amazed NFL players still stand for it knowing the longterm risk of playing the game. Of course other sports suffer the flips side, which is players often don’t give their all each season like they do in contract years often.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It’s a good view inside the world of non-guaranteed contracts. Amazed NFL players still stand for it knowing the longterm risk of playing the game. Of course other sports suffer the flips side, which is players often don’t give their all each season like they do in contract years often.

NFL player contracts are fake money and the guys who play in the league suffer more physical damage than athletes in any other sport. Something's gotta give, one would think.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
NFL player contracts are fake money and the guys who play in the league suffer more physical damage than athletes in any other sport. Something's gotta give, one would think.

The players can strike but that would require players staying together to force a change. Easier said than done.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Doubt RG3 makes the Ravens as QB3 with Lamar Jackson drafted. But hope he can get another shot as a backup, he's looked Ok to good at moments tonight.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Buck's delivery has also gotten less monotone and also he isn't as sanctimonious as he used to be. I still cringe over his call when Randy Moss fake-mooned the Green Bay crowd.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Buck's delivery has also gotten less monotone and also he isn't as sanctimonious as he used to be. I still cringe over his call when Randy Moss fake-mooned the Green Bay crowd.

Oh he’s still holier than thou for sure...that’s the annoying side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig