Value of: Washington Goalies

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
And I'd trade them a defenseman (Fleury+) for Grubauer. Any interest from the Caps?
I'm sure they wouldn't be opposed to taking that offer. LD is of need and Fleury fits that profile. The + would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder I'd assume. The caps could use the 2nd or 3rd rounder to package with Orpik to dump his salary and use the cap room to resign Carlson

Orlov-Niskanen
Fleury-Carlson
Djoos/Lucas Johansen-Bowey

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm sure they wouldn't be opposed to taking that offer. LD is of need and Fleury fits that profile. The + would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder I'd assume. The caps could use the 2nd or 3rd rounder to package with Orpik to dump his salary and use the cap room to resign Carlson

Orlov-Niskanen
Fleury-Carlson
Djoos/Lucas Johansen-Bowey

Something tells me that Kempny and/or Jerebak won't just be rentals.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I agree here. It seems like the plan from the beginning was for this to be essentially a try-out for both players. My guess is one is retained for 5/6 duty moving forward while Bowey and Djoos continue to mature.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I think its fair to guess that one, probably Kempny is going to stick in the top 6 with his role depending on the development rate of Djoos. The other guy will likely replace Chorney as the spare. I think Bowey's work is cut out for him.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think its fair to guess that one, probably Kempny is going to stick in the top 6 with his role depending on the development rate of Djoos. The other guy will likely replace Chorney as the spare. I think Bowey's work is cut out for him.

Actually, GM BMac has already said that Kempny was projected for him to play 2nd pairing while Jerabek is projected to play on the 3rd pairing. Orpik looks awful. In the Caps best interest they should attempt to trade him(probably fruitless) or buy him out, during the off season. Djoos looks more NHL ready than Bowey right now. To me, Bowey was rushed up to big club a year too soon due to the Caps losing Alzner, Schmidt and Shattenkirk. The interesting thing about Djoos, was he somewhat came out of nowhere.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The only way Holtby gets traded over Grubauer, is if Grubauer continues to outplay Holtby the rest of the season and in the playoffs(meaning Grubauer is the Caps starting playoff goalie). Moving that $6 million per year contract of Holtby's, would be a lot more helpful in opening cap space, than Grubauer's $1.5 million(He's an RFA, so his next contract could be $2 million per year at least).

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Actually, GM BMac has already said that Kempny was projected for him to play 2nd pairing while Jerabek is projected to play on the 3rd pairing. Orpik looks awful. In the Caps best interest they should attempt to trade him(probably fruitless) or buy him out, during the off season. Djoos looks more NHL ready than Bowey right now. To me, Bowey was rushed up to big club a year too soon due to the Caps losing Alzner, Schmidt and Shattenkirk. The interesting thing about Djoos, was he somewhat came out of nowhere.

I would be surprised if the Caps went with all those puck movers. The closest thing after Orpik that they have to a stay at home is Niskanen. If they trade Orpik in the offseason, I expect they will look for a veteran defensive first player for the penalty kill.

alwaysBlue

Jan 17, 2018
I would be surprised if the Caps went with all those puck movers. The closest thing after Orpik that they have to a stay at home is Niskanen. If they trade Orpik in the offseason, I expect they will look for a veteran defensive first player for the penalty kill.
One Jay Bouwmeester perhaps?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I actually think the interesting thing is that he has had to change his game at the NHL level to be a more cerebral defender because of his lack of size ala Jared Spurgeon. What has been surprising is that he's still bringing O while making that transition. Now that is a remarkable feat and I think it's why he has the trust of the coaching staff. Will it hold up under the rigors of the POs? That we have yet to see.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
To isles
For
2019 1st and ho sang?
thats insane

id have no interest in holtby as an isles fan, you arent one with an offer like that, that literally is the worst offer ive ever heard. not only does it guarantee we lose tavares but pretty much costs us barzal too

you do realize there is a salary cap?

our problem is not the goalie its the defense

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
thats insane

id have no interest in holtby as an isles fan, you arent one with an offer like that, that literally is the worst offer ive ever heard. not only does it guarantee we lose tavares but pretty much costs us barzal too

you do realize there is a salary cap?

our problem is not the goalie its the defense
How is that insane? Isles may have to send money back BUT holtby makes a few more mill the halak. Isles have not had a solid keeper since osgood and they give up a lot of goals even when only facing 30 shots.
Its as much system, dmen and goalies fault.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
How is that insane? Isles may have to send money back BUT holtby makes a few more mill the halak. Isles have not had a solid keeper since osgood and they give up a lot of goals even when only facing 30 shots.
Its as much system, dmen and goalies fault.
youre giving up a first for one AND HoSang. goalies are not that valuable on the market, it s not like any one would give up a first for him and you want to give up effectively 2 firsts since Hosang himself was a first, I seriously doubt that ANY NHL GM, would give up even a 3rd for Holtby straight up. because of his cap hit. he's a good goalie, dont get me wrong but what you offered was so far out of line it was ridiculous.

teams generally see goalies as pretty much a function of the teams defense so on our team Holtby would look just as bad as Halak often does, you got to fix the defense first before you worry about the goalie. its like putting lipstick on a pig. thats why your offer was insane

you dont put a 10M dollar house on a 25 cent foundation. you fix the underlying problems FIRST, THEN YOU WORRY ABOUT A GOALIE

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
youre giving up a first for one AND HoSang. goalies are not that valuable on the market, it s not like any one would give up a first for him and you want to give up effectively 2 firsts since Hosang himself was a first, I seriously doubt that ANY NHL GM, would give up even a 3rd for Holtby straight up. because of his cap hit. he's a good goalie, dont get me wrong but what you offered was so far out of line it was ridiculous.

teams generally see goalies as pretty much a function of the teams defense so on our team Holtby would look just as bad as Halak often does, you got to fix the defense first before you worry about the goalie. its like putting lipstick on a pig. thats why your offer was insane

you dont put a 10M dollar house on a 25 cent foundation. you fix the underlying problems FIRST, THEN YOU WORRY ABOUT A GOALIE

You're literally just making stuff up and passing it off as fact while also making ridiculous declarative statements. Holtby has the 6th highest cap hit amongst goalies. He makes $100k more than Kari Lehtonen. At 27 years old, he's won one Vezina and been nominated for another in the past two years. His cap hit is completely reasonable and to say he wouldn't even garner a 3rd just shows you're incapable or unwilling to look at the situation objectively.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
[QUOTE="Voodoo Glow Skulls, post: 142972303,

---

Holtby

For

Greiss
Calgary 2018 1st
Dal Colle

I'm bored.[/QUOTE]
I was gonna make a scathing comment about getting off drugs.Instead I will simply say hell no!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
To isles
For
2019 1st and ho sang?
I doubt you will see the isles trade a 1st for Holtby.
This isn't like when they offered Nino for Schneider.
Schneider was thought to be a young,potential franchise goalie. Isles think they have that in Sorokin and imo will be looking for a 2 yr stopgap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad