OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 4 - Elimination Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The commanders has been around one week, and already the owner has been charged with sexual misconduct and a captain wants to have dinner with Hitler.

Yeah off to a great new start

Reactions: g00n

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
it just said have dinner with, right?

I could see how you could find that interesting, in a "what the f*** were you thinking, dude?" kind of way. trip him out about how far things have come, see how he reacts to it... kind of like how it's fascinating to sit down with plenty of other murderers, prisoners, and demented politicians and just peel the layers back on their crazy.

it's not like "who do you want to be photographed shaking hands with most" or something

Reactions: max21

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I could see how you could find that interesting, in a "what the f*** were you thinking, dude?" kind of way. trip him out about how far things have come, see how he reacts to it... kind of like how it's fascinating to sit down with plenty of other murderers, prisoners, and demented politicians and just peel the layers back on their crazy.

it's not like "who do you want to be photographed shaking hands with most" or something

It is one thing to say that in person where one can give context. But spamming that to the whole world of strangers that do not know you is intentionally baiting for reaction (unless the person is clearly clueless). Maybe he is going for the negative press tactic to get subscribers... /shrug.

Reactions: Hivemind

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
It is one thing to say that in person where one can give context. But spamming that to the whole world of strangers that do not know you is intentionally baiting for reaction (unless the person is clearly clueless). Maybe he is going for the negative press tactic to get subscribers... /shrug.
I don’t know, I guess I just get how you could be that sloppy. It can take 30 seconds to go “oh yeah, huh, that’s interesting” and like a post because we do it here a lot, and the way he retracted it seems to back up that he was just thinking something in the moment and not making some crazy sweeping statements (I hope, because goddamn)

Reactions: usiel

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The intent or whatever doesn't even really matter. Every adult in the world who isn't a nazi sympathizer knows not to do that. Don't leave it the least bit open to interpretation when handling that steaming pile.

"Yeah I'd want to have dinner with Hitler...SO I COULD CHOKE HIM TO DEATH!"

That would be a better tweet.

Reactions: ynotcaps

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Interesting that there was no pushback against his desire to also have dinner with a pedophile…

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Michael Jackson...and Hitler.

Come on.

So you are condoning pedophilia? Hypothetically having dinner with a known pedophile is perfectly fine in your opinion as long as he isn’t the worst person at the table?

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds apparently…

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So you are condoning pedophilia? Hypothetically having dinner with a known pedophile is perfectly fine in your opinion as long as he isn’t the worst person at the table?

Why are you attacking me? Calm down. I didn't make the tweet and never said anything you're claiming above.

It's just very strange that people would choose to be outraged over the inclusion of an accused and acquitted (not "known") pedophile as a "whatabout" in a discussion about HITLER. Particularly when that "pedophile" was "known" for a hell of a lot more that was positive in the world, especially to black people of Allen's age and older.

The orders of magnitude in difference are off the charts and it's really, really curious that people would decide to push past the Hitler reference in order to be offended by the black musician.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corby78

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
The intent or whatever doesn't even really matter. Every adult in the world who isn't a nazi sympathizer knows not to do that. Don't leave it the least bit open to interpretation when handling that steaming pile.

"Yeah I'd want to have dinner with Hitler...SO I COULD CHOKE HIM TO DEATH!"

That would be a better tweet.
Yeah, my thought was "so I could kill him slowly, like he deserved instead of the chicken-shit way out he took." Otherwise, um, don't try to sound "interesting."
More evidence that social media is a tool for its users to take themselves down.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

I agree, I think it would be very interesting from a psychological standpoint. Listening to interviews from kemper, dahmer, richard "the iceman" kulinski etc. is fascinating, and often these men however monstrous are extremely intelligent and well-articulated. Go on youtube and see for yourself. Even manson, as erratic and wild as he was, is a trip to listen to. Doesn't mean you're going to go out and form your own murderous cult or start using people's skin as lampshades.

I can see why allen said hitler, but it was still foolish. In today's day and age that kind of stuff simply cannot be broadcast to thousands of people as a public figure because people will use anything you say against you if they can. Especially with such a taboo topic like hitler and nazism

Reactions: HTFN

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I agree, I think it would be very interesting from a psychological standpoint. Listening to interviews from kemper, dahmer, richard "the iceman" kulinski etc. is fascinating, and often these men however monstrous are extremely intelligent and well-articulated. Go on youtube and see for yourself. Even manson, as erratic and wild as he was, is a trip to listen to. Doesn't mean you're going to go out and form your own murderous cult or start using people's skin as lampshades.

I can see why allen said hitler, but it was still foolish. In today's day and age that kind of stuff simply cannot be broadcast to thousands of people as a public figure because people will use anything you say against you if they can. Especially with such a taboo topic like hitler and nazism

But there's a difference between being curious about the mindset of notorious killers and putting one on your top 3 dinner list. The question is a known standard for essentially "who do you most admire and want to have a cozy interaction with".

Millions of people study or gawk at the monsters in society. It's natural. Putting one of them on your guest list is just stupid. Tweeting it is even stupider.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
But there's a difference between being curious about the mindset of notorious killers and putting one on your top 3 dinner list.

No it isn’t. It is a stupid hypothetical that nobody should give 2 shits about. The fact that this has caused so much outrage amongst a certain segment of our society shows what an incredibly horrible place said society is in.

It is a hypothetical dinner with 3 dead people. I don’t care who the dead people are or who the person making the list is. Why do you give a crap?

Reactions: Chokingdogs

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

I think your reaching a bit to start an argument. Just like Allen should use common sense to send that tweet, I think you can use common sense to realize nobody (including gOOn) is supporting a pedophile. Besides there are levels of bad. A man on death row for killing another person, is not the same as a man who killed millions because he hated other races.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think your reaching a bit to start an argument. Just like Allen should use common sense to send that tweet, I think you can use common sense to realize nobody (including gOOn) is supporting a pedophile. Besides there are levels of bad. A man on death row for killing another person, is not the same as a man who killed millions because he hated other races.

It's internet whatabout gotcha bullshit that's 100% bad faith and apparently based on some personal agenda that's hypersensitive to some sort of "hypocrisy".

Moving along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad