OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 4 - Elimination Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
To me, what's infuriating about everything is that Rivera and company are trying to cheat a proper rebuild and are looking at taking short cuts. Won't draft a quarterback to develop, so let's try to trade for one, depleting what draft picks and depth the franchise has. Management and coaching knows that they need linebackers, so rather than try to poach some linebackers in free agency, they sit idle and sign depth guys and practice roster depth. And don't get me started on Jamin Davis. This should have been a linebacker that they handled with kid gloves and develop him accordingly and instead, Rivera and Del Rio have zero clue how to use him and they bury him. Or let's talk about how they signed a gimp legged Curtis Samuel in free agency because 'he knew the system' and goes on to play in what, three games because his groin and quad were shot. And then they don't even bother to send him to a surgeon to see if the issue can be fixed by an operation. Then, with a big receiver on the roster in Cam Sims, Scott Turdner couldn't find receptions for him. Or how about Dyami Brown, who has speed to burn and is a good route runner and they can't work him into the offense either.

Ron Rivera is a fraud. Let's be honest. His mantra of 'culture' has done shit to change what's wrong in Washington. He's failed to hold coaches and coordinators accountable (I'm looking at Del Rio and Turdner), they've signed free agents who absolutely busted, outside of Cosmi, the players they've drafted, they've failed to put them into positions to succeed and they've continued to fail to address the most important position in the field. To add to it, when the investigation into the football team was done and people were wanting a report on things, Rivera could have EASILY used his influence to force the league to release a report and put more heat on the NFL to rescind the franchise from Snyder but he failed to do so. Everything about Rivera and company reeks of incompetence. As fans, there's nothing that can be done to stop this shit storm. Goodell is also to blab me because if he had any balls, he would have released the report and embarrassed Snyder into giving up the team. It's funny how he's quick to punish players but he turns his head when owners do no good. I'm just done. For 40 years, I've been a fan and the last 25 have been an awful pile to swallow.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Looking back at it now, maybe Ron should have traded one of JAllen or DPayne for Matthew Stafford after all :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The last time they tried a "proper rebuild" they got scammed by Jay Gruden for like 4-5 years.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I mean come on they were a bunch of Eagles fans taking selfies with Jalen hurts what do you want them to do. And I’m sure they were leaning over the railings trying to touch the Players

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
To me, what's infuriating about everything is that Rivera and company are trying to cheat a proper rebuild and are looking at taking short cuts. Won't draft a quarterback to develop, so let's try to trade for one, depleting what draft picks and depth the franchise has. Management and coaching knows that they need linebackers, so rather than try to poach some linebackers in free agency, they sit idle and sign depth guys and practice roster depth. And don't get me started on Jamin Davis. This should have been a linebacker that they handled with kid gloves and develop him accordingly and instead, Rivera and Del Rio have zero clue how to use him and they bury him. Or let's talk about how they signed a gimp legged Curtis Samuel in free agency because 'he knew the system' and goes on to play in what, three games because his groin and quad were shot. And then they don't even bother to send him to a surgeon to see if the issue can be fixed by an operation. Then, with a big receiver on the roster in Cam Sims, Scott Turdner couldn't find receptions for him. Or how about Dyami Brown, who has speed to burn and is a good route runner and they can't work him into the offense either.

Ron Rivera is a fraud. Let's be honest. His mantra of 'culture' has done shit to change what's wrong in Washington. He's failed to hold coaches and coordinators accountable (I'm looking at Del Rio and Turdner), they've signed free agents who absolutely busted, outside of Cosmi, the players they've drafted, they've failed to put them into positions to succeed and they've continued to fail to address the most important position in the field. To add to it, when the investigation into the football team was done and people were wanting a report on things, Rivera could have EASILY used his influence to force the league to release a report and put more heat on the NFL to rescind the franchise from Snyder but he failed to do so. Everything about Rivera and company reeks of incompetence. As fans, there's nothing that can be done to stop this shit storm. Goodell is also to blab me because if he had any balls, he would have released the report and embarrassed Snyder into giving up the team. It's funny how he's quick to punish players but he turns his head when owners do no good. I'm just done. For 40 years, I've been a fan and the last 25 have been an awful pile to swallow.

I was with you until this fantasy part…RR has no stroke in that scenario…..he’d find himself involuntarily retired and out of the league.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Giants HC Joe judge goes on a rant, which includes this beauty.

"This ain’t a team that’s having fistfights on the sidelines. This ain’t some clown show organization or something else, okay?" - Joe Judge

LOLOL, no, its not, he actually has a point. There is losing, and there is the WFT which brings clown show to a whole new level.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Next week: "crappy plumbing, failing railings...this is why we need a new taxpayer-funded stadium!"

Sep 19, 2008
Why Wolves won't work (and a date to save)
First, and I'll cut to the chase here, we can confirm that, after careful consideration, our team name will not be Wolves or RedWolves. One of the most awesome and powerful aspects of this process has been getting to hear and understand your preferences directly, and we know that many of you loved one or both of these names. And because of that, we want to share some context behind our decision not to move forward with these names. You all deserve nothing less.

Sep 19, 2008
"I was the last person to fall," said French, who has a bruise that runs from the top of one hip bone down to her knee, to go with bruises on both shins. "I was on top of everyone so I quickly jumped up, and the security guard literally pulled me up by my two arms and got me off the field. I didn't have time to process. I was more so in shock."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad