OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 4 - Elimination Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm curious about this. When watching the vid earlier I saw a lot of deep balls with air under them but not a lot of "zip" passes.

His arm strength in my viewings seems fine/middle of the pack. Has real nice deep ball pass feel dropping it in to the receivers in stride. Showed great accuracy throwing off the run/scrambling around and generally good touch and accuracy.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
His arm strength in my viewings seems fine/middle of the pack. Has real nice deep ball pass feel dropping it in to the receivers in stride. Showed great accuracy throwing off the run/scrambling around and generally good touch and accuracy.

Exactly how I saw it, which is why the "concern" about arm strength now seems a bit strange.

The small hands thing is nonsense as well.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'm trying to find the article which talks about his arm strength, but from memory the comment was more about "in comparison to the other QBs, like Willis". It wasn't suggesting he has a weak noodle arm that won't work in the NFL, but that he's middle of the pack when compared to the other QBs in the draft.

Most every article I've read says he shined overall, and was clearly in the top 2 with Willis. So don't all get too bummed, except he may not last until 11.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Found it.

NFL Draft Stock Watch after Senior Bowl: Perrion Winfrey, Trevor Penning big winners, one QB shows weakness

Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh
Stock Down
Pickett didn't have the best week, and to me, it had nothing to do with his hand size. Throwing with the likes of Willis, Desmond Ridder, Carson Strong, and Sam Howell made Pickett's arm look relatively weak. He wasn't as sharp in the rainy practice either. While he didn't have an incompletion in the game, anyone worried that Pickett doesn't have high-end arm-talent traits got more fuel for the fire in Mobile.

Its just one article but when I read it I immediately though, good, let him slip to 11. He still may not slip past 6, 8 and 9.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If they can't sign or trade for a top guy they're likely going to have trade up

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Yeah, it's kinda hard to reconcile between the "there's no QB worth jumping up or reaching for" and "QB-needy teams could surprise."

I think I find the "next year's QB crop is far better so teams won't commit future assets to jump now" argument to be more convincing overall.

DET, CAR and DEN are the most QB-needy teams ahead of us, but I really think DEN probably thinks (and probably is) to close to being a contender to go with a rookie who isn't a surefire #1 guy out of the chute -- they've gotta go after Rodgers or Wilson.

CAR feels like more of a trade-for-guy than draft-a-guy, but they could be one who rides with their current guy and hold their assets for next year.

DET may draft a guy, but they'd probably try to do it after trading back -- or even wait and their late first on whoever's left.

That said, I could see PIT or NO trying to move up to just ahead of us to get the guy they like, if they he's the guy the S-Dubs like.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
its a bad QB draft class like it was when we picked Haskins. Dont take a QB this year wait one more and make a run at Bryce Young

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm trying to find the article which talks about his arm strength, but from memory the comment was more about "in comparison to the other QBs, like Willis". It wasn't suggesting he has a weak noodle arm that won't work in the NFL, but that he's middle of the pack when compared to the other QBs in the draft.

Most every article I've read says he shined overall, and was clearly in the top 2 with Willis. So don't all get too bummed, except he may not last until 11.

I posted a bunch of YT videos of each qb run/pass for games this past season. Does not take an expert to see how strong an arm is. I think of course this class gets dinged a bit since the guys past Willis don't have the same arm. I hate to use Brady as an example but never looked at him having a power arm just accuracy and everything else +++.

I guess for me personal preference if have to choose medium arm with high accuracy versus strong arm with medium accuracy. I'll take the first every time.

Corral and Ridder have decent arms as well. I just suggest people take a run through YT for the run/pass videos for the QBs in this draft there are a few for each.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I posted a bunch of YT videos of each qb run/pass for games this past season. Does not take an expert to see how strong an arm is. I think of course this class gets dinged a bit since the guys past Willis don't have the same arm. I hate to use Brady as an example but never looked at him having a power arm just accuracy and everything else +++.

I guess for me personal preference if have to choose medium arm with high accuracy versus strong arm with medium accuracy. I'll take the first every time.

Corral and Ridder have decent arms as well. I just suggest people take a run through YT for the run/pass videos for the QBs in this draft there are a few for each.

Agreed. The one measurable area that correlates most to NFL success is and has always been accuracy. Inaccurate college QBs almost never become accurate pro QBs.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Brady had a pretty strong arm in his younger years, I think people are forgetting this.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Brady had a pretty strong arm in his younger years, I think people are forgetting this.

that's not how I recall it. (Not weak, but no Josh Allen either)

Tom Brady recalls pre-draft evaluation, wishes draft class ‘good luck’ (usatoday.com)

Brady recalled: “Poor build, Skinny, Lacks great physical stature and strength, Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush, Lacks a really strong arm, Can’t drive the ball downfield, Does not throw a really tight spiral, System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib, Gets knocked down easily.”

Tom Brady scouting report from 2000 NFL draft - Mel Kiper's pre-draft grade and ranking (espn.com)

Reactions: usiel

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
DS will send his "investigators" around to first interrogate, then intimidate, then bribe before the NFL can get to anyone.

Sep 19, 2008
Also to refresh user's memories Goodell has routinely slapped Snyder lightly on the wrist for transgressions. It's unlikely we see anything more than a "save face" move. Most you can ask for is a suspension like we saw Snyder "sit out" time and have Tanya be the "owner".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad