Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals @ Chicago Redskins - 8:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
you mean since 2009 right?

anyways, I'm as concerned about Backstrom as I am for Kuznetsov. It's really hard to see him produce anything even strength with his god awful speed.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That was Panarin.

In 3 on 3 there's nobody more deadly than Ovi though.

All that room to skate and pick up speed :yo:

Not aimed at you in particular, but Ovi can still burn guys one and one on the rush. He's done it so many times now, I just don't doubt his abilities.

One positive from the game, we kept Kane and Toews off the scoresheet, and we gave Keith a hard time. It's not easy to keep the 3 main Hawks superstars in check.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
I know that the team is trying to learn playoff hockey. Point shots just for rebounds. Ugly tip ins. But change little things at a time. This team reminds me soo much of the Oates Era. Stopping in places that make no sense to me. Off sides every other play. Turn over galore. And I've never seen a team wiff on the puck 6 times a game. Perhaps I'm saying the team looks often confused. Maybe change a couple things and not the whole system at once. Most the games won are mostly Holtby standing on his head...what do you guys think

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I actually feel like tonight was a completely different style than we've played all year. I saw a much different style than I've seen so far. If we can play a bunch of different styles and systems that would be fantastic.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Caps fans,

You're mind second favorite team, so I follow usually quite closely.

This year I haven't been able to. What's up with Kuzy? Dry spell?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

anyways, I'm as concerned about Backstrom as I am for Kuznetsov. It's really hard to see him produce anything even strength with his god awful speed.

Backstrom? Since when has he had god awful speed?

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Caps fans,

You're mind second favorite team, so I follow usually quite closely.

This year I haven't been able to. What's up with Kuzy? Dry spell?

Kuzy's been pretty rough since before the playoffs last year. Part of it looks like a confidence thing and part of it could just be the book on him is growing and he needs to reinvent himself just a bit.

And to answer your other question, Backstrom isn't TERRIBLY slow but he's not speed demon either. He's slowed down a bit over the past couple years. He can still burn when he needs to but he's not always in full flight anymore.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
For the "crisp passing" contingent, I thought the passing tonight was largely excellent. Interested to hear if others agree.

This guy does. Didn't mind the style change tonight except for the final 10 minutes of turtle mode. Not sure if that was by design or if that was a group mindset that went wrong.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

Speed has never been Backstrom's game. Vision, puck protection and passing ability are what make him good offensively, not speed. I think he looks as fast/slow as ever this year.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I think the Caps did a good job against a team with a lot of great players. Chicago isn't an easy team to beat. They are creative and their goalie has been playing well too.

Nice road win.:handclap:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Speed has never been Backstrom's game. Vision, puck protection and passing ability are what make him good offensively, not speed. I think he looks as fast/slow as ever this year.

I'll agree with you on what Backstrom's strengths are. Today Backstrom had an amazing opportunity in front of Chicago goal where he kicked up the puck. He does so many good things. Caps are lucky to have him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

This is correct. With regularity analysts say that Backstrom slows the game down. He plays the game at his speed and uses opponents quick movements against them.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
What a rocket by Joe Hanson.
Nisky, on the SHG :bow:

On the second goal (in response to the first by Chicago), Beagle was in "don't **** up the record when I score a goal" mode :laugh:

And we can say tonight, we were perfect on the ES (0 goals against) 5on4 and 6on5, the goals for Chicago.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Vs teams we will surely face in the playoffs Rags Pens Sharks Hawks. 0 RW

If they end up playing either the 'Hawks or Sharks in the playoffs I couldn't give a **** how many regulation wins they have against either, and especially not 13 games into the season.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Caps had a 5 game streak that nobody liked killed by San Jose. Chicago has a 7 game streak killed by the Capitals. Makes you wonder if Hawks fans were poo pooing their winning streak and saying their team's fatal flaws were exposed by the Caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese