Post-Game Talk: Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
here are my notes from last night:

rick nash. just awful. we got him to be a difference maker. in my opinion this postseason hes been no different than gaborik. and if he's playing hurt, that makes him even more like gaborik :laugh:

derrick brassard. where did he come from? holy **** he is amazing. hoping he keeps up this level of play

great to see the team bail out hank last night. am i allowed to say hank had a bad game last night or am i going to get murdered? :sarcasm:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Bed time for my youngest kid is 8:30 too, except when the Rangers are playing.
True story, after the game, he was jumping up and down, when they showed ovechkin on the screen, he mooned him.

Haha that's awesome, I managed to get my daughter's pic on TV during the 2nd intermission on NBC cause I think it's a hilarious picture. She felt pretty cool, and then we scored two early in the 3rd. So she is the unofficial mascot now.

Funny on Monday my wife had something going on and I was home with my daughter, she watched with me took a 5 minute bath during intermission and then went nuts after the game, hard to sleep when dad is screaming at the TV.

*Bob Richards*

rick nash. just awful. we got him to be a difference maker. in my opinion this postseason hes been no different than gaborik. and if he's playing hurt, that makes him even more like gaborik :laugh:

derrick brassard. where did he come from? holy **** he is amazing. hoping he keeps up this level of play

great to see the team bail out hank last night. am i allowed to say hank had a bad game last night or am i going to get murdered? :sarcasm:

Totally agree that Hank hasn't been in Lundqvist mode these past two games but its about ******* time that the team bailed him out. It's the least they can do, especially after that travesty of a Game 2.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I'm listening to Francesa. It is quite obvious this man has no idea what the hell he is talking about when it comes to hockey. He's been babbling on about how hard it is to win Game 7 on the road if you haven't won on the road in the previous 3 games. Literally made no other analysis than that. Only name mentioned between the Penguins, Islanders, Capitals and Rangers was Henrik Lundqvist. Vokoun was referred to as "this new goalie", and nothing else.

He's used to basketball, which has a much greater home advantage, I think.

He's pretty up front with his lack of hockey sophistication. I actually don't get why the NY stations eschew hockey so much. Is the Ranger fan base that much smaller than the Knicks'? Without these blogs I would get very little coverage of my favorite team - and endless talk about Mariano Rivera and Carmelo Anthony. Yawn.

Do they think talking hockey scares listeners away? The ESPN station is the same or worse.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The only two on one that was created was when MDZ took a seat on the ice.

Eminger went for the hit. Richards and MDZ were both back and in position to defend properly until MDZ decided to take a seat on the ice which THEN caused a two on one with Richards left alone to defend.

Eminger's hit was eliminating the man.

Had MDZ not gone down like a two dollar hooker staring at a five dollar bill there is NO goal there.

The wrong player got scape-goated after that.

MDZ should have never seen the ice after that major gaffe

Eminger screwed up in the O zone to start it all but I agree MDZ going down in the eloquent way that you intimated was more of a gaffe

Realize

What I liked most is that this puffed up idiot holtby gave us that 1st goal as a gift.

More like that please!

Great game.

What I think : Both of our wins were better than both wins of WSH were for them (in fact of "overall performance".

Hopefully we can take away game 5 in WSH.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Imagine if Nash didn't hit the post in Game 2. Win or die situation for Washington on Friday.

Oh, well.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
on tv2.jpg

I got on TV!:D
(edit in the hat)

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Much has been made of Ovechkin being shut down in Games 3 and 4, but Caps still scored 3 goals in each those games.

Adam Oates said "three goals is a lot of goals" and "should be" enough to win a playoff game.

So, while getting a goal or two from Ovechkin would be great, Caps really need to tighten up defensively and for Holtby to play better.

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa

see the way i see it is when nash is on the ice, that is 1 or maybe 2 bodies that are away from our other players.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Pierre creamed himself on the BrassGod pass to Girardi.

Also, thank god Stepan shot that puck hard, because I think Holtby either got a piece of it or almost did, and I would have cried.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So I just realized that our top line is made up of exclusively home grown players. None of them first rounders. The guy drafted the highest was also some step dancing loser no one has ever heard of. The others are a 4th rounder and 6th rounder.

Remember the dark years mercenaries when we really wanted 1 good home grown player?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So I just realized that our top line is made up of exclusively home grown players. None of them first rounders. The guy drafted the highest was also some step dancing loser no one has ever heard of. The others are a 4th rounder and 6th rounder.

Remember the dark years mercenaries when we really wanted 1 good home grown player?

Unless they didn't consider Leetch a homegrown player, then no.

El Gato Bodegero

Oct 22, 2008
Mexico City
Caps fan here.

What a series guys honestly I hate the rangers, I do hate them a lot but I have to say that this past series between us have been amazing and whoever wins this series I hope it gets to 7 AGAIN. Even tough that I hate your team I want that the winner of this series to get deep.

In the past series the games were so tight that doesn´t matter which team advances both teams are left without energy for the next series, so I hope it doesn´t repeat this year.

Btw something good to notice is that in comparison with some other teams and series, you and us have lost and win with class. No blind hitting after games, no illegal dangerous want to injure hits etc etc.

Of course am angry that we lost the last 2 games but I knew this would be another nail bitting, bad blood pressure series.

That brasard line reminded me of your old Playstation line with voros, zherdev and dubinsky...

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Caps fan here.

What a series guys honestly I hate the rangers, I do hate them a lot but I have to say that this past series between us have been amazing and whoever wins this series I hope it gets to 7 AGAIN. Even tough that I hate your team I want that the winner of this series to get deep.

In the past series the games were so tight that doesn´t matter which team advances both teams are left without energy for the next series, so I hope it doesn´t repeat this year.

Btw something good to notice is that in comparison with some other teams and series, you and us have lost and win with class. No blind hitting after games, no illegal dangerous want to injure hits etc etc.

Of course am angry that we lost the last 2 games but I knew this would be another nail bitting, bad blood pressure series.

That brasard line reminded me of your old Playstation line with voros, zherdev and dubinsky...

IDK if my blood pressure can handle ANOTHER 7 Game Series, but I agree. Our two teams can put together one helluva chess match compared to some of these other $#!+ show series (although I'm sure we both enjoy the melodrama it creates). Well said with your classy post.

blue2noise

Jul 4, 2006
www.gloryholeradio.com
When Nash has defenders on him, he needs to protect the puck rather than trying to deke around them. In the playoffs, splitting the defense is not going to work - sometimes you just have to be a hound on the puck with a defender or two hanging on your back. Nash is way better at using his body to shield the puck than Gabby ever was, and if he uses his physical attributes and skill appropriately, he should be able to be more of a force out there.

Put Clowe on his line and watch things open up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Pierre creamed himself on the BrassGod pass to Girardi.

Also, thank god Stepan shot that puck hard, because I think Holtby either got a piece of it or almost did, and I would have cried.

Brassard is the kind of passer where his passes make the shot. i.e. Brass -> Girardi OT against the Isles, last night to Hagelin/Girardi. They're just...perfect. Right on the tape from anywhere, perfect speed, sauce, everything. It's really nice to watch. This team couldn't connect a ******* pass ever, and then this young man comes in and makes these insane saucer passes on a nightly basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad