Proposal: [WAS/EDM] Ovechkin if the Caps Have a 1st round Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tical

Jul 1, 2013
Pressure would be off for Ovi... Can't come up short in the playoffs if you never make it haha

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn’t trade Drai straight a cross for Ovy even if they retained to make salary equal.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
The concept of getting a player like ovi is obviously very good for the Oilers considering we have McDavid, but I'd rather go for somebody younger based on the makeup and timeline of the club

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I thought I was done reading Oiler proposals...

I see Ovi getting the Ray Bourque treatment and wins the cup in his final NHL game. If he left Washington now, the whole team collapses like the Oilers did after Gretzky/Messier leave and will need the rightest general manager to fix it.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Lol. Yeah lets trade a 22 year old who already has 2 70 point campaigns for a faded superstar who's an entire decade older. Take our lottery pick while your at it.
If you had half of that faded superstars point production, you be in the playoffs.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
All for having ovi on the oilers.
RNH + 1st round pick in 2018 + sekera + Tyler Benson for ovi
I don't see why Wsh would want a single one of those pieces aside from the Oilers 1st. The Oilers couldn't be a worse fit for what the OP seems to think the Caps should be doing. Trading Ovi signals a rebuild, RNH already failed during 1 rebuild and he and Sekera wouldn't fit that timeline and Sekera is far removed from his best days. Benson? shouldn't even be mentioned in a trade for Ovi.

Jan 21, 2018
Draisaitl has more ES points than Ovi did. Again, Ovi is a great player but for a team like the Oilers who are terrible on the dot (except Leon is now top-10 in FO%) and have a proper 1B/2C... do they give him up for a winger?

If Drai is traded... it's for an elite D.

Drai is a winger so I don't see any issue in that regard.

And no one is trading an elite D for an elite W.

Drai isn't be traded stop making these threads.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Neither team does this. Edmonton isn't trading a core piece for a player who is 10 years older no matter how good Ovechkin is (the "faded" argument is semantics at best and has excluded contexts) or was and the Capitals aren't trading arguably one of the top 3-5 goal scorers of all-time for anything less than a King's ransom. His production relative to his contract despite his age is still phenomenal, considering players like Toews, Kopitar and others are/will be making 10-12 million a year for similar to less production.

Sorry, but it doesn't make sense for either side and that's for Ovechkin alone, never mind adding Grubauer to it.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Drai is a winger so I don't see any issue in that regard.

And no one is trading an elite D for an elite W.

Drai isn't be traded stop making these threads.

LOL. Draisaitl has played wing for maybe 25-30% of all his NHL games. He was a center for 1.5 seasons before McJesus and played center in the last 20-ish games.

Seems like nobody watched him in the WHL. I was expecting an elite defensive center with an insane backhand pass but his offense has translated nicely.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
LOL. Draisaitl has played wing for maybe 25-30% of all his NHL games. He was a center for 1.5 seasons before McJesus and played center in the last 20-ish games.

Seems like nobody watched him in the WHL. I was expecting an elite defensive center with an insane backhand pass but his offense has translated nicely.

Draisaitl spent 48% of his all-situations ice time with McDavid in 2017-18
Draisaitl spent 62% of his all-situations ice time with McDavid in 2016-17

DobberHockey Presents FrozenPool's NHL Line Combinations

Reactions: AvatarAang

Jan 21, 2018

Are you actually using pre-NHL games to determine Drai's position in the NHL? Do you know how many players played C in junior before transitioning to W in the NHL? That doesn't make them centers.

And thanks for pointing out that they switched Drai back to C for the last 20 games, you know when they were basically eliminiated from the playoffs. Seems like they only felt comfortable letting him play C when the season was done, so why not experiment to see if he could carry a line by himself.

I don't understand why Oiler fans get so offended. There's nothing wrong with Drai being an elite winger. He has potential to be a C but he clearly isn't one yet or he would be anchoring line 2 and tearing it up with opponents focusing on the McDavid line.

Jan 21, 2018
Draisaitl spent 48% of his all-situations ice time with McDavid in 2017-18
Draisaitl spent 62% of his all-situations ice time with McDavid in 2016-17

DobberHockey Presents FrozenPool's NHL Line Combinations

LOL thanks for pulling up the stats, I knew he was just trying to skew numbers to make his post seem credible. Even then it was a bad post. Elite center my ass, Oiler fans should be happy they are playing him at wing with McDavid. Imagine getting paid 8.5M and putting up 2nd line numbers because you can't carry your own line, everyone would say he's overpaid.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
LOL thanks for pulling up the stats, I knew he was just trying to skew numbers to make his post seem credible. Even then it was a bad post. Elite center my ass, Oiler fans should be happy they are playing him at wing with McDavid. Imagine getting paid 8.5M and putting up 2nd line numbers because you can't carry your own line, everyone would say he's overpaid.

They will be forgotten again and again when we are told McDavid produces with no one and Dra is an Elite #1 C.

Those stats should be pinned somewhere.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lol. Yeah lets trade a 22 year old who already has 2 70 point campaigns for a faded superstar who's an entire decade older. .

A faded star? What are you talking about? What about his game has faded? You need to look at his career stats. This was his best season since like 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad