Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Don’t understand Robertson over Dewar. The fourth line has been great, and Dewar is one of the few forwards who is a natural Penalty Killer.
While I do agree, the PK has been shite. However, brining in Brodie won't change that imo, and neither will removing Dewar.

To me it's an easy swap between Robertson and Nylander.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto

baby jesus.gif

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Don’t understand Robertson over Dewar. The fourth line has been great, and Dewar is one of the few forwards who is a natural Penalty Killer.

I can understand it. This team hasn't score much in the playoffs. Dewar has been solid but nothing that really has translated to much. PK has still been a mess anyway. Robertson has been grinding and creating chances offensively. He adds a lot of speed to that line as well, something Dewar doesn't provide that much of.

We'll see I guess.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Wait if Brodie is back in, does that mean Benoit is out? Stupid decision.

Also I don't like Dewar sitting for Robertson. The 4th line has been one of our few bright spots and Robertson isn't equipped to be on the 4th line

God Im so over Keefe

Reactions: Al14

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think it’s dumb. I hope it’s gonna cost them.
I think it was dumb after game 1, but at this point I think going back to Ullmark is actually the correct choice, Boston is going to lose game 4 no matter who is in net, so from their perspective it would probably be better to have Ullmark take that loss rather than Swayman. If Swayman loses game 4, going back to Ullmark for game 5 would probably be a worse outcome for Boston. By sacrificing Ullmark for game 4, Monty can keep Swayman's "mystique" intact for game 5.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Very sad to see whatever happened to McMann was so serious. We could've really used his Size, speed and physicality In this series.

I thought he was gonna be our X-factor

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Montgomery blew it last year going to Ullmark until it was too late. You can't rotate goalies all season and then expect their best playing them 6 straight games. I think Swayman is better but if you were going to play him exclusively in the playoffs you don't wait until game 1, you start giving three, four in a row earlier in the season.

Win or lose, right call for the B's. I just hope someone in the Leafs coaching staff can fix their special teams but I'm not holding my breath.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I understand why you and some others think that, but I would personally disagree.

The 4th line has won their matchup (which is good), but they don't offer much offense which is currently needed more.
I mean... The line has as much points as line 2 lol

They need their top two lines, rather their stars to actually score (even strength and on the PP) according to their salary. It's the same issue every playoffs

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
With Matthews playing through an illness and the possibility of Nylander returning I think the 2 days benefits the team more.

Also gives the team time to work on their terrible PP and PK.
I agree, having the extra day will be good for Nylander and Matthews.

As far as the PP goes, until we get a dman who can shoot the puck, thus forcing a defender to come out to challenge the shot, I don't see it improving much. As for the PK, move Marner onto the 2nd or 3rd unit until he actually learns the revamped system, which had been working better during his injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: torontoblood

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You don't have to neutralize him by playing him tougher, you need to ignore his crap and treat him like the 67 point player he is. The more you focus on his antics, the more you get distracted and lose focus on the task at hand.
And................that hasn't been working well has it?
Series is not over, but the fat lady is warming up......I wanna see that puke get his a$$ handed to him.
Hit him every chance ya get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad