Half-Assed GDT: Wakey-wakey, It's Hawks @ Blues time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I was at the game. It was a fairly sloppy game from both teams, but the Blues were holding it together much better. Good to see a high scoring game live.

But damn, I’m genuinely at a loss on what Chicago does well anymore. The Blues have their share of troubles, some I’ve been quite vocal about, but they at least have something they do well.
unfortunately, the Blues win this game and don't really address their issues, but it seems since they won everything is ok

spoiler alert: it's not

they still get hemmed into their own zone too easily, not getting enough shots thru on goal, and not clogging the middle of the ice like they should
hopefully it gets better

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
That's a good point. If it's not, literally, resonating, then one will not like it.

But there is plenty of great music today, @AjaxManifesto, you just have to turn on yourself and turn off KSUK. That's a terrible frequency.

Today's music (and music for a while now) is recorded at a frequency that is not compatible with the human experience, but too many people lap up the really crappy music because it is programmed into their subconscious. Literally programmed.

And then when really good music comes to their attention, they hate it because their vibrational field has been altered by decades of crap that intentionally disturbs and disrupts human frequencies. Again, it is not music; it is programming. They even call it programming.

You, of all people here, @Blueston should understand this as you are a self-identified Jewish person and you KNOW the Hebrew language is an extremely ancient and divine language. It's very alphabet is a mathematical code that imbues sets of frequencies.

The Chosen People? You're darn tootin'!

I've got a few good Spotify channels set up that feed me good stuff from today. It's bands that don't make the radio stations but fits with the genre I like. Don't get me wrong, there is some good music today, but the vast majority of it is garbage IMO. I'm just saying that in the 80's and 90's the good stuff was more pervasive and the talent was better.

My biggest gripe about music today is that its WAY overproduced. It's like a music blender run by AI. Bits an pieces of genres here and there that the AI thinks the kids will like. The raw human energy and heart is gone. I think back to groups like U2, the Smiths, the Cure, the Psychedelic Furs, New Order, the Police, etc. from the 80's and 90s. Lots of raw energy there. Of course, some of these bands became more overproduced with time (e.g. early U2 IMO is far superior to later U2).

Ah well...grumpy guy just venting...

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
unfortunately, the Blues win this game and don't really address their issues, but it seems since they won everything is ok

spoiler alert: it's not

they still get hemmed into their own zone too easily, not getting enough shots thru on goal, and not clogging the middle of the ice like they should
hopefully it gets better

I hear this often but it makes sense now: when they play as tight 5-man units up and down the ice they are on their A-game. We haven't seen a game like this in some time. Often we see lots of scrambling in our end followed by weak entries into the other team's end with may-be 1-2 guys chasing the puck that gets dumped in (again, where's that tight 5-man unit?). With some occasional scoring rushes or PPs, we somehow generate the goals we need to win games. Chief's big thing is puck management. I'm waiting to see a string of games where that is sustained. That takes good passing, good skating, and good decision making.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I hear this often but it makes sense now: when they play as tight 5-man units up and down the ice they are on their A-game. We haven't seen a game like this in some time. Often we see lots of scrambling in our end followed by weak entries into the other team's end with may-be 1-2 guys chasing the puck that gets dumped in (again, where's that tight 5-man unit?). With some occasional scoring rushes or PPs, we somehow generate the goals we need to win games. Chief's big thing is puck management. I'm waiting to see a string of games where that is sustained. That takes good passing, good skating, and good decision making.
yup... when they're "right", they look sooooo good... and make it look easy.. sadly, that might be part of the problem. might, and that's just my opinion, be 'easy' when it's going good and they take for granted that it'll always be 'easy'.. and when it's not.. they have a hard time getting traction

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
yup... when they're "right", they look sooooo good... and make it look easy.. sadly, that might be part of the problem. might, and that's just my opinion, be 'easy' when it's going good and they take for granted that it'll always be 'easy'.. and when it's not.. they have a hard time getting traction
We won 5-1 last night and held hawks to 16 shots. Not sure what more you expect.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
We won 5-1 last night and held hawks to 16 shots. Not sure what more you expect.
don't get me wrong, I'm happy that the game went the way it went. but CHI is not a good team, and the Blues still didn't play a "tight" game

I would just hope for more 'cohesion'.. and they're def capable of doing that. we've all seen it. when they're 'right', they are a REALLY good team
I'm not trying to say they're bad.. just .. inconsistent maybe? I'm prolly expressing this incorrectly. sorry.

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021
I was at the game. It was a fairly sloppy game from both teams, but the Blues were holding it together much better. Good to see a high scoring game live.

But damn, I’m genuinely at a loss on what Chicago does well anymore. The Blues have their share of troubles, some I’ve been quite vocal about, but they at least have something they do well.
at least they have those cup runs :dunno:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I've got a few good Spotify channels set up that feed me good stuff from today. It's bands that don't make the radio stations but fits with the genre I like. Don't get me wrong, there is some good music today, but the vast majority of it is garbage IMO. I'm just saying that in the 80's and 90's the good stuff was more pervasive and the talent was better.

My biggest gripe about music today is that its WAY overproduced. It's like a music blender run by AI. Bits an pieces of genres here and there that the AI thinks the kids will like. The raw human energy and heart is gone. I think back to groups like U2, the Smiths, the Cure, the Psychedelic Furs, New Order, the Police, etc. from the 80's and 90s. Lots of raw energy there. Of course, some of these bands became more overproduced with time (e.g. early U2 IMO is far superior to later U2).

Ah well...grumpy guy just venting...
It’s all good, Bubba. We vent to each other a lot and that’s ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad