Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
LOVE Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Butthole Surfers played second, and the guys from the band were just hanging out shooting the breeze with concert-goers afterward as the rest of the bands played. I'd seen Janes Addiction before, and they were the headliner. It was shortly after Perry Farrell had urinated on the audience at a concert. Didn't stop me from getting to the front of the crowd, but we all stayed dry. I'd seen Nine Inch Nails before, too. That's probably why I was most pumped for The Butthole Surfers. They were one of my favorite bands at the time.

Ice-T (or was it Ice-Cube?) and Body Count were better than I'd have expected.

The only Siouxsee song I knew then and still recall was that Peek-a-boo song.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The Butthole Surfers played second, and the guys from the band were just hanging out shooting the breeze with concert-goers afterward as the rest of the bands played. I'd seen Janes Addiction before, and they were the headliner. It was shortly after Perry Farrell had urinated on the audience at a concert. Didn't stop me from getting to the front of the crowd, but we all stayed dry. I'd seen Nine Inch Nails before, too. That's probably why I was most pumped for The Butthole Surfers. They were one of my favorite bands at the time.

I thought Peek-a-boo was Devo? Unless there were two Peek-a-boo songs?

Edit: There are. Never claimed to be a music expert!

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I thought Peek-a-boo was Devo? Unless there were two Peek-a-boo songs?

Looking this up, I also was reminded of a second song, "Kiss them for me". Honestly, I never got into Siouxsee and the Banshees. But I do respect the use of an accordion.

Contrast that crap with this gem:

or this:

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

I was in Germany when the 1st one was going on and I decided to travel Europe after we got back from Iraq. But my best buddy went home to LA on leave and saw that 1st one.

Was at Ft. Benning in ‘92 and was so stoked Ministry was headlining the 2nd one. Unfortunately, we were too late on getting tix for the Atlanta show. Sold out in something like 10 mns. Crazy.

A missed experience.

This is my favorite Siouxsie and the Banshees song.

Saw Pink Floyd in Berlin not long after The Wall fell.

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I've seen Ice Cube and 2 live crew. I hate rap but my god, those were wild and fun shows and I would love to be young enough to see them again.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Music in the 80s and 90s was the best. Music today is terrible.

I sound more and more like an old grumpy guy, but it's hard to see anything positive in today's music.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

I sound more and more like an old grumpy guy, but it's hard to see anything positive in today's music.
Then you’re not listening to the right stuff.

Go down this rabbit hole.

This came out in 2020. Super fresh crossover metal/baroque from France. The band name is Igorrr. They do some crazy electronic death metal as well. Avante-garde stuff bro!

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It's becoming ridiculous. Husso is playing great, but we would have won this game with Binner in net as well. The team played well in all facets and as Vladi said in the post-game that's what it takes to win in this league. Some fans seem to forget that it's a team sport. Always nice to stick it to the Hawks!

Statistically, we didn't play a ton worse against Jersey. We did play worse, but not so much worse to fully explain the disparity in results. Shots against were a lot worse in the Devils game (27 with a goalie in net v 16) but scoring chances and HD scoring against chances were fairly even (25, 10 Vs NJD and 20, 8 vs Chicago).

xGA was a decent discrepancy at 3.47 vs 1.62. 5v5 though the xG were a lot closer (2.01 vs 1.4) , we were just really good on the PK last night outside of the 5on 3. Even taking into account PKs, its not such a big discrepancy as to justify the results. Husso beat the xGA only giving up 1, while Binnington under-performed the xGA by giving up 5. So the team's worse play was exacerbated by Binnington's poor play. We win against NJ if Binnington beats the xGA.

This is what I am saying: Binnington has been playing bad AND the team has often been played bad in front of him. Its not one or the other, its both. Binnington needs to be better AND every goal against him is not solely his fault. Both sides can get a little ridiculous in throwing everything and the kitchen sink in to bolster their chosen side of this mythical debate. We give up less shots with Husso, the "Binnington's White Knight Brigade" comes in to point out that we play better with Husso without looking at the context. Binnington loses a game and the "Burn Binner at the Stake Squad" starts building the pyre with nary a thought about how the team played in front of them.

You can make your point without ignoring all the context. It would make for vastly more interesting discussion if we could recognize both sides and debate the why they are bad instead of which is bad. Would we have won tonight with Binnington or would a bad goal have deflated them? Do they play different in front of Binnington for some reason? Is it because Binner is playing poorly that the team does, or did Binner start playing poorly because the team played poorly and he since lost his confidence. Can he get his groove back? Are his fundamentals off? Instead we get "C their, told u biNneR suX" with absolutely no nuance or fundamental understanding of what is actually happening.

*Note: I definitely blame the Anti-binnington posters far more than his defenders just because of the obnoxiousness of their posts. So Reality Czech, not really blaming you here. I understand why you would take this tact. However, I still think it is important to recognize the fact Binnington is at least partially if not mostly complicit in his poor season while also recognizing that this team plays poorly and Binnington has had the far more difficult assignments so far this year. Otherwise the same argument just keeps going around and around ad nauseum.

Note 2: I'd love a goaltender's take on what's wrong with Binner. @Brian39 has made some good posts on it but I'd always love an updated take. Any other former goalies want to take a stab? @Vladys Gumption ?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

You remember fondly music that you tie to certain points in your life. I love much of that stuff too. But there is great music today too, you just experience it differently so it’s not resonating.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Nope. But I saw a headline in the news that he was shot at a Justin Bieber party.

Justin Bieber.....I rest my case about current music being bad.....
this is the only reason i asked ^

looked up 1 song , and if you like monotone repetitive mindless drivel its a hit :damnpc:

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
You remember fondly music that you tie to certain points in your life. I love much of that stuff too. But there is great music today too, you just experience it differently so it’s not resonating.
That's a good point. If it's not, literally, resonating, then one will not like it.

But there is plenty of great music today, @AjaxManifesto, you just have to turn on yourself and turn off KSUK. That's a terrible frequency.

Today's music (and music for a while now) is recorded at a frequency that is not compatible with the human experience, but too many people lap up the really crappy music because it is programmed into their subconscious. Literally programmed.

And then when really good music comes to their attention, they hate it because their vibrational field has been altered by decades of crap that intentionally disturbs and disrupts human frequencies. Again, it is not music; it is programming. They even call it programming.

You, of all people here, @Blueston should understand this as you are a self-identified Jewish person and you KNOW the Hebrew language is an extremely ancient and divine language. It's very alphabet is a mathematical code that imbues sets of frequencies.

The Chosen People? You're darn tootin'!

Last edited:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I was at the game. It was a fairly sloppy game from both teams, but the Blues were holding it together much better. Good to see a high scoring game live.

But damn, I’m genuinely at a loss on what Chicago does well anymore. The Blues have their share of troubles, some I’ve been quite vocal about, but they at least have something they do well.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Heck yeah!

Igorrr, Corpe Mente, Whourkr, Ricinn, Oxxo Xoox etc.....

That whole collection of bands are wonderful.

It's the future of metal and avante-garde opera.

Drumcorps is worth checking out, for sure.

What language is that supposed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad