Waived: Waiver wire

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
showcasing Hoffman on main line tonight? lol
for a 5th round pick
We're on the road and perhaps the thought is to create a second offensive line with Monahan and Dach together.

So someone else has to get a shot with Nick and Goal.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
As of today, Habs no longer have priority on the waiver wire. Only way they regain it is if they fall down to 32nd place at some point.
At least we took advantage and acquired Kovacevic. Plus last year's additions of Montembeault, Pitlick and Clague. Nothing spectacular but some serviceable depth that seems to be working out

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Kieffer Bellows is on waivers again. Doesn't look good that he is being jettisoned again ... just saying.

he was so highly touted, what's up? I never followed him much but looked like such a promising draft pick. I see Philly grabbed him

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
he was so highly touted, what's up? I never followed him much but looked like such a promising draft pick. I see Philly grabbed him

Great junior player who never really adapted to pro play (apart for some sparks last year). He's an ok middle 6 AHL player.

Reactions: Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
All this hoopla to collect 1st round picks, Bellows is yet another mid 1st round bust

I'm liking having Mailloux, Mesar, and Beck in the system. The more darts in that area of the draft, the better. Plus trading vets helps us move up our lottery pick. We did well with Caufield and Guhle. But I'd rather be top 5 or 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He would fit better than;
Drouin.
Hoffman.
Dandonov.
Armia.
Pitlick.
Problem is we don't need any of those guys so having a guy that fits better would be pointless. It's like having two cars a BMW X3 2022 and a Tercel 1980 all black Hong Kong movies style but you need just one of them and replacing your secondary useless car the Tercel 1980 by a Civic 2000 with less rust because it's a better fit. Caufield-Suzuki-Dach Hoffman-Monahan-Slaf Anderson-Dvorak-Gallagher Bellows is not really a better fit than Hoffman for this year and for next year we have better prospects than him and there will be better options available anyway.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In the case of a guy like Monahan keeping him for the next 4-5 years is probably better than 15% of chances of getting an NHLer.

Yes, the Habs who are rebuilding should sign Monahan to a 4-5 year contract. Definitely no red flags on a guy with multiple hip and wrist surgeries going into his 30s.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad