Waived: Waiver Hunting Thread 2021

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't we find out later today if he did?

Yeah, he passed.

I think Stevie is still waiting for those Seattle decisions, but they have enough injuries to find the roster spot answers that way so far. But at some point of the season all their guys are healthy at same time, and then somebody is going to waivers. Mostly interested of their LhDs, who could be guys helping our left side.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Yeah, he passed.

I think Stevie is still waiting for those Seattle decisions, but they have enough injuries to find the roster spot answers that way so far. But at some point of the season all their guys are healthy at same time, and then somebody is going to waivers. Mostly interested of their LhDs, who could be guys helping our left side.

Who do you think loses a roster spot if we claim an LD? Osterle?

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I could see Yzerman trading Stecher.

He is useless on special teams. Everybody else has a role. And that waiver claim is that kind of guy, if we ever make a claim.

True, true, Vancouver was looking for RD so we could potentially send him back there. That and Lindstrom moved up with Staal at practice.

Yzerman deaing with Benning would have Van fans quaking.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Does Logan Brown have any grit in his game?
Or is he just a tall dude?
He is not tough or gritty.

Actually has a great shot though ( can rip it!) and very talented with the puck.

He isn’t a big net front PP guy or garbage point accumulator.

Things holding him back are his compete level/grit and two way game. He doesn’t profile as a bottom 6 player.

Reactions: MBH

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
WHy? (Serious question)

Pilon and ABB have much better AHL careers, and they're both young centers. Gabriel is a winger.

Sorry, I don't actually have a serious answer. I should have dropped a sarcasm thing or something. I'd only want them to sign Kurtis Gabriel because then we'd have the hottest EBUG on the planet.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, he passed.

ABB was claimed by Seattle, why is everyone saying he cleared?

Considering the crap that the bottom teams are throwing on the ice, it's not surprising he got claimed. Seattle probably just waives Sheahan, ABB will score more goals the first week than he can in a season.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
ABB was claimed by Seattle, why is everyone saying he cleared?

Considering the crap that the bottom teams are throwing on the ice, it's not surprising he got claimed. Seattle probably just waives Sheahan, ABB will score more goals the first week than he can in a season.

Maybe. But if Sheahan can make it to game 82, watch out.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
BTW, they have 5 players on COVID protocol plus 2 injured, so they aren't waiving anyone for a couple of weeks.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
BTW, they have 5 players on COVID protocol plus 2 injured, so they aren't waiving anyone for a couple of weeks.

That's bad for them. Gonna lose 5 players on waivers when all become healthy. They have now 28-man roster.

Season start waivers would have been best timing sending people down. On-season, there's bigger needs everywhere.

Last edited:

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
That's bad for them. Gonna lose 5 players on waivers when all become healthy. They have now 28-man roster.

Season start waivers would have been best timing sending people down. On-season, there's bigger needs everywhere.
Lind and True (2) have already cleared waivers and been called back due to Covid problems.

They could still expose Cholowski, Sheahan and Donato (3) without ‘risking’ much of anything.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Seattle doesn't have a lot of prospects so they really had no choice but to do waiver claims. If the league doesn't do a taxi squad I can see the high end waivers guys winding up on multiple teams over the season, lol.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
The Kraken members tell me he played 2 games.

too bad for him, some guys just don’t cut it and obviously Yzerman made the right choice here.

In other news, Evgeny Svechnikov signed a two way deal today w the Jets after being on an AHL contract only, apparently he had an impressive preseason. Playing tonight on 4th line.

Weird how things turn out for some players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad