W/C Zachary Benson - (2023, 13th, BUF)

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
As a Sharks fan who had Benson ranked 5th pre-draft and Smith 6th… I like Benson more as a player but for a team with next to no high-end prospects, I always knew that Smith would be the pick and stand by it even if Smith doesn’t hit his upside.

From your lips to Bettman's ears cause Smith is freakn' awesome.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Think about what happens when a big car runs into a little car. This is basic stuff.

I don't have all day but some recent examples of smaller players getting dinged up - Kailer Yamamoto (who was great as a rookie), Tyler Ennis, Tyler Johnson, Nick Blankenburg (one of the Jackets best players in his early games, can't stay healthy).
Physics can be against smaller players when it comes to getting hit, but smaller players play differently than bigger players, and usually don't put themselves in positions to receive the same type of hits as bigger players and dont throw the same type of hits either. Due to their size, they grow up playing a specific type of game which I think evens out the risk and injury susceptibility.

Think of Slafkovsky, who is one of the largest 1st overalls in a very long time who seemed to be getting domed in the head every other night in his rookie season and ended up injured most of the year. Slaf is better now but Benson has been much healthier than him in his own rookie year for example.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
How many 18 year Olds not drafted in the top 5 have scored 30+points? Benson is having an impressive campaign not only was he able to stick on the roster but continually improve his play throughout the season as the season is winding down it looks like he got more settled.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad