W/C Zachary Benson - (2023, 13th, BUF)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Draft Eligible : 2023

A small, but really skilled forward from Chilliwack, BC.
I thought, Yager has his own, why not this kid as well.

As has Yager, Benson been great as well, has the same stats what Yager this season
6 goals, 13 points, but in 1 less game what Yager.

He was Winnipeg's 14th overall pick last year, so they got lucky with their pick
or great scouting, didn't care of his small size.

WHL Network
(for his goals and points highlights)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Winnipeg has quite the team going in there, should be VERY good next season and Benson will be a big part of that.

Just another one of the Western League’s class for 2023 that looks very strong.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Was really impressed with this player yesterday. Seemed to have great chemistry with Geekie. Is he a projected 1st round talent for 2023? How big is he now? He’s listed way smaller than he looks on the ice. He looked taller than Bedard, Savoie and McClennon to me.

He was listed as 5'5 last year, but most websites have him at 5'10 now. That is a giant growth spurt!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Winnipeg has quite the team going in there, should be VERY good next season and Benson will be a big part of that.

Just another one of the Western League’s class for 2023 that looks very strong.

Winnipeg looks like the team to beat in the dub this season so far but other teams can hang with them too.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
NCAA would be a better development route for smaller skilled forwards like Benson.

The WHL has gone to more offense and less physical play since pre covid it seems like. If you look at some teams, their full of under six feet tall forwards. Look at Medicine Hat and Saskatoon for example.

I went to the Blades home opener and there were hardly any big hits and when there was one, a penalty was called lol.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
The WHL has gone to more offense and less physical play since pre covid it seems like. If you look at some teams, their full of under six feet tall forwards. Look at Medicine Hat and Saskatoon for example.

I went to the Blades home opener and there were hardly any big hits and when there was one, a penalty was called lol.

Agreed, the WHL of even 5-7 years ago is long gone.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
The Blades have been a small soft team for a while now, most still play the physical style like the Pa's, Red Deers, Calgarys etc.

Last year teams went with youth as it was a lost development year but most teams are back to normal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad