GDT: Vs New Jersey Devils

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Zero percent chance they have a shot at a wild card spot. 4 points back of both teams and they each have a game in hand. Even if the Kings go 2-3 with their cupcake schedule the Knights still need to get 7 of the remaining 10 points available. Possible but still needing a lot of help. The loss last night was a back breaker.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I hope this season gets them to pump the f***ing brakes on this all out to win managerial and coaching strategy. We still have to push to try to pull a cup run out of our very limited window with this core of players but no more tinkering. Get the roster under the cap, clean out the coaching staff and do proper diligence in hiring a new staff that can get results out of this core, reinvest in player development to salvage the shallow prospect pool we still have and position the team for the inevitable retool we're going to have to go through.

After years of watching the Ducks make minor tweaks to their roster and slowly descend into lottery team territory, I was happy to support a team with the balls to go out there and make impact moves to try to win. But they've gone too far. We've depleted our prospect pipeline, we've spent beyond the cap in contracts. We've burned bridges with former players and completely and entirely de-emphasized player development all while being far too loyal to a coaching staff with a fundamentally broken system. We've reaped what we sowed big time. In a way I'm almost glad injuries f***ed our season. The past two games have showed the failings of DeBoer and his staff as well as anything could. Team is in do or die and they play like they haven't practiced in ages. The only brutal part of all this is Spott showed his incompetence as a powerplay coach from the beginning and he still has a job. So I'm willing to bet DeBoer gets another season to try to right the ship.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Honestly I think there are 3 paths. Nashville has a horrible schedule against top teams. LA has many injuries but then again you have a wild card in Vancouver. My guess is the Knights will squeak in .
Vegas pretty much has to win out as well.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Zero percent chance they have a shot at a wild card spot. 4 points back of both teams and they each have a game in hand. Even if the Kings go 2-3 with their cupcake schedule the Knights still need to get 7 of the remaining 10 points available. Possible but still needing a lot of help. The loss last night was a back breaker.
Think you are wrong on that. I have a feeling Dallas will lose both games of their back to back against Edmonton and Calgary. If we beat them, pretty sure we have the tiebreaker.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Think you are wrong on that. I have a feeling Dallas will lose both games of their back to back against Edmonton and Calgary. If we beat them, pretty sure we have the tiebreaker.
And we beat Washington tomorrow night. After losing to NJD.....

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Oiler fan coming in peace . There a few teams Edmonton just can't seem to beat . Minnesota and Dallas . Don't count on Edmonton winning over Dallas . I hope they do . I like to see you guys take out Calgary . Vegas is a better team then their record shows . You guys never really go into a rhythm this year with all your injuries . It like our 20 games where we couldn't buy a win . Covid-19 and at one point our whole left side of the defence was out of the line up . It sucks when your team is good enough to contend but injuries made it impossible .

Edit : We do our job now make the playoffs and kick the Flames ass .

Last edited:
Reactions: mundyc3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad