GDT: Vs New Jersey Devils

DirtyDutchDiggler

May 17, 2018
Our goaltending has been awful all year and anytime I watch it seems like we outshoot the other team every night and we lose. Defenders can't hold offensive blue line, shooting, getting shots blocked then giving up odd man rush. Something has to change.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Our goaltending has been awful all year and anytime I watch it seems like we outshoot the other team every night and we lose. Defenders can't hold offensive blue line, shooting, getting shots blocked then giving up odd man rush. Something has to change.
Thats called the PDB system ladies and gentlemen. Yet we'll here another offseason of its not his fault.

Reactions: Vegas07

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
ccf3e975bfa806f4a64e044c59523351.gif

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This was us when he was the coach here as well

Reactions: Vegas07

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Thats called the PDB system ladies and gentlemen. Yet we'll here another offseason of its not his fault.
All 3 years with PDB the offense disappears when we need it most. The front office even got him a star center and we still can’t score.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The Canucks deserve to be in the playoffs more than we do and we could easily finish behind them in the standings.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I mean, that's what the Sharks did when he was coach. He didn't change then, why would he now?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I've done a lot of defending of Lehner this year but my god was that an all time bed shitting performance in the 3rd.

Still would have won the game though if anyone on this team could hit the net. They had more than enough great chances.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
All 3 years with PDB the offense disappears when we need it most. The front office even got him a star center and we still can’t score.
Not just a star center but also a high scoring 3 time named NHL ALL STAR DMan and another solid Dman in Martinez, some other strong pieces that can create offence like Dadonov, solid 3rd and 4th line support and actually gave him vastly improved backup goaltending (but he chased away the Vezina starter to favor the back up) BUT AT LEAST....... HE'S A HELLUVA LOT BETTER THAN THE LAST COACH !!!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Not just a star center but also a high scoring 3 time named NHL ALL STAR DMan and another solid Dman in Martinez, some other strong pieces that can create offence like Dadonov, solid 3rd and 4th line support and actually gave him vastly improved backup goaltending (but he chased away the Vezina starter to favor the back up) BUT AT LEAST....... HE'S A HELLUVA LOT BETTER THAN THE LAST COACH !!!
Yep that dummy he replaced is coaching a 2nd place team now. We don't want losers like that.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
This team is terrible. They are very soft. They don't finish their checks because they can't back it up. Their only "tough guy" is a middle-weight punching bag. This leads to them never getting to the net front for deflections or rebounds. We can have 50 shots a night, but if the other goalie can see them and there is no traffic, you won't score at this level. We need to get guys who finish checks and go to the front of the net. We need significantly more grit. Sometimes you have to manufacture goals by force.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Yep that dummy he replaced is coaching a 2nd place team now. We don't want losers like that.
Big time loser !!! (you know minus that spectacular come from behind World Championship WIN). And Dummy is right !!! Doesn't he know his winning the Jack Adams this year basically negates his chances of winning the Stanley Cup. The genius DeBoer already factored that in. The cup is his and the Knights !

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
If there is a path, Dallas could very well lose three games. Edmonton, Calgary on a back to back and us.
In which case we'll be playing Colorado in the first round with Lehner in goal. Assuming we beat beat two very hot teams in the Crapitals and St. Louis (though the latter is the last game of the season and if they've clinhed home ice vs. the Wild they may rest some people). And assuming the Canucks, who've won 6 in a row and would be in 2nd place if they hadn't started the season so badly the coach and GM got axed, don't pass us. A lot of ifs and for what? So we have the same crappy goalie, system and coaches next year. We have 83 SOG in the last two games, and two goals (one of a defenseman skate, the other on a 6 on 5). This has happened so many times it can't be just a coincidence. So unless there are some changes, next year will just be a repeat of this frustrating year.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
If there is a path, Dallas could very well lose three games. Edmonton, Calgary on a back to back and us.
Honestly I think there are 3 paths. Nashville has a horrible schedule against top teams. LA has many injuries but then again you have a wild card in Vancouver. My guess is the Knights will squeak in .

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This team is terrible. They are very soft. They don't finish their checks because they can't back it up. Their only "tough guy" is a middle-weight punching bag. This leads to them never getting to the net front for deflections or rebounds. We can have 50 shots a night, but if the other goalie can see them and there is no traffic, you won't score at this level. We need to get guys who finish checks and go to the front of the net. We need significantly more grit. Sometimes you have to manufacture goals by force.
Blasphemy according to Deboer and Spott. You win but firing 50 shots on goal from the point or circles and letting the math take care of itself.

It would be shocking if this all wasn't so obvious. I mean seriously he's been running this offense for over a decade now and it never changes. GMs go get players who fit his system and that means guys who get to the front of the net play on the third or fourth line if he's feeling like experimenting. What's even more shocking is occasionally they win a game with a net front goal and next game you think ok let's do that again but no, we play our system dammit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad