Waived: Vrana (recalled 02.14.23)

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Wow, not the best look for the Organization.

Guy goes away to get help and the first chance you get… he hits open waivers.

At worst you are trying to dump him/his contract.

At best you are saying nobody would ever want him right now, so let’s take advantage of that so we can hold onto a 14th forward for another 10 days?

Business is business I guess. But I don’t appreciate this look/move.

• Haha
Reactions: needzmoarcleary

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

At best you are saying nobody would ever want him right now, so let’s take advantage of that so we can hold onto a 14th forward for another 10 days.

Business is business I guess. But I do t like this look.
Maybe not the best look to the fans, but I'm sure internally there are reasons we're not privy to that make this decision a sensible one.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

At best you are saying nobody would ever want him right now, so let’s take advantage of that so we can hold onto a 14th forward for another 10 days.

Business is business I guess. But I do t like this look.
Again, the same with Vrana's entry into the program, unless he and/or the team release any information it's foolish to speculate. There will be a press release from the team hitting the wire shortly I would imagine.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
768r5t.jpg

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He's gotta be retiring right? No way Stevie doesn't try to make a move.
No way he leaves $8M on the table and retires. He's here for the duration of his contract even if he winds up on PAP again.

Yea I assume there is more than meets the eye here but maybe not?
3 games, -5 in GR and they asked him to stay there for another week. Players can only go on conditioning loan if they agree to it, so maybe he refused? It's the only plausible explanation based on what we know. (There obviously could be more to it.)

It's certainly one way to alleviate the roster issue, but not what we hoped for.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hes prob going home
Quite possibly the case but I hope not. How did he play down in GR? It's also possible they didn't like what they saw and at this point just don't want to slot him into the Redwings lineup. Sitting him isn't gonna help either so it could just be a matter of wanting to ease him back in with less pressure in GR. With his contract, nobody is gonna claim him anyway and they were unable to extend his conditioning stint. The only way for him to keep playing AHL is to get waived.

But yeah. I fear he could be on his way back to Europe.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Vrana who is never in the lineup. Panic who is gone. The pick that got traded for the pick that became Sebustian Cossa…

Maybe this should be considered for the Yzerfail thread? It’s one of a very few that might legitimately make the list.
Didn't the Buchelnikov pick come out of the Mantha trade? So maybe there's still hope?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad