VOTE ... what trading rules to have

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
If option 1 was slightly more relaxed (like - can't jump or fall more than 60 slots - essentially two rounds - in any piece of a trade instead of having to stay within the same round), I would probably vote for it, but as it stands now, option 1 is overly restrictive. The problem with the questionable deal in ATD#11 was that a couple parts had one side bailing out from the mid rounds (6th - 8th) to the 23rd-24th, which is unacceptable.

Anyway, I vote option 2.

camperjr

Feb 19, 2007
OPTION THREE: SAME AS LAST DRAFT. Basically trade as often as you want, and as you want, but if there's an objection to a particular trade, then we vote on whether to accept a trade or veto it, where majority opinion wins, minority opinion sucks eggs.

Option 2 could really screw around with the clock waiting for more than a few people to veto it.

What he said

Option 3

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I'm not a fan of vetos. Period. If we're going to have vetos, then appoint a three-person committee to vote on "suspect" trades.

I like the idea of a no-trade draft. Failing that, the option in which GMs can only move up and down in rounds.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I like the idea of a no-trade draft. Failing that, the option in which GMs can only move up and down in rounds.
option one then

5-12-9 so far

(by the way, a "veto" protest is nothing more than "a call to re-work a deal" and under that option if one or two GMs protest a trade it still goes through, needs three who think it's not a fair trade)

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
option one then

5-12-9 so far

(by the way, a "veto" protest is nothing more than "a call to re-work a deal" and under that option if one or two GMs protest a trade it still goes through, needs three who think it's not a fair trade)

There is a difference between a trade we do not think is ''fair'' and a ''veto-worthy'' trade.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
A big part in supporting option 2 is the integrity of ATD GM's: if you think it's good, I don't see a problem. I think most people have enough common sense to not try to veto an unfair trade, but save their vetoing for extremely one-sided ones, a-la that 1st round trade you guys had much controvery over last time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00