VOTE ... what trading rules to have

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Any and all past and current all-time draft GMs, please vote on this thread for one of these three options:

OPTION ONE: SAME ROUND TRADING ONLY. This, in effect, minimizes trading, letting a GM trade up or down in a round, sacrificing or gaining position in subsequent rounds, but not trading out of rounds. No limit on the number of such minor trades.

OPTION TWO: THE THREE TRADE, THREE OBJECTOR RULE. Make whatever trade you want but if three GMs object to a trade then it is vetoed. And a team maximum of three trades.

OPTION THREE: SAME AS LAST DRAFT. Basically trade as often as you want, and as you want, but if there's an objection to a particular trade, then we vote on whether to accept a trade or veto it, where majority opinion wins, minority opinion sucks eggs.

Last edited:

Rzeznik

Apr 6, 2008
Nova Scotia
Option 2 makes the most sense, IMO. It monitors the trading, without letting it get too out of hand, but it also keeps things interesting.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
OPTION THREE: SAME AS LAST DRAFT. Basically trade as often as you want, and as you want, but if there's an objection to a particular trade, then we vote on whether to accept a trade or veto it, where majority opinion wins, minority opinion sucks eggs.

Option 2 could really screw around with the clock waiting for more than a few people to veto it.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Option 2 could really screw around with the clock waiting for more than a few people to veto it.

3 would be worse. Do you remember how long it took to settle the papershoes-EB trade?

I vote Option 2.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
3 would be worse. Do you remember how long it took to settle the papershoes-EB trade?

I vote Option 2.
Id rather have GM's just do what they want. We are allowed to pick any player we want..why not trade whatever we want. It's our responsibility to make great picks...just like it would be to make great trades. You make a mistake, it's your fault.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Just thought about this a bit more, and I apologize in advance for making it even more complicated but...

Can I propose a Option 4, combining options 1 and 2? You get the three veto three trade, and once that's expired for you team, you're still allowed in round trades? Makes it more complex to monitor and understand, but we're all smart people, I'm sure we could handle it just fine, right?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I've never done an ATD before, but out of curiosity, with 28 or 32 teams, why just 3 objectors (for option 2)? Obviously GMs here are much more serious than normal fantasy hockey GMs, but in the fantasy hockey I've played, there are guys who will veto just about every trade. Or are you so confident of the quality of ATD GMs that it won't be an issue that it only requires a couple of jerks to basically negate every trade?

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Option 3, although I would be a proponent for an Option 4, IE no trades (although I was the greatest offender last time).

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Just thought about this a bit more, and I apologize in advance for making it even more complicated but...

Can I propose a Option 4, combining options 1 and 2? You get the three veto three trade, and once that's expired for you team, you're still allowed in round trades? Makes it more complex to monitor and understand, but we're all smart people, I'm sure we could handle it just fine, right?

I think we could handle it. That's not bad at all.

I've never done an ATD before, but out of curiosity, with 28 or 32 teams, why just 3 objectors (for option 2)? Obviously GMs here are much more serious than normal fantasy hockey GMs, but in the fantasy hockey I've played, there are guys who will veto just about every trade. Or are you so confident of the quality of ATD GMs that it won't be an issue that it only requires a couple of jerks to basically negate every trade?

I trust my fellow GMs on this.

The danger is them being too lenient like they were last time. I'm not worried about them being too strict. And I have never seen any hints of someone doing anything underhanded to give themselves a competitive advantage (like, for example, trading ahead of a guy who gave you a list because he wants your guy)

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
ugh, i really don't care. the only option I don't like is the second - i think everybody has made his ultimate veto experience with fantasy hockey, i'm open to all other options, no-trade one inclusive.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Option 2 - But IMO it would have to be 5 or 6 GM to vetoed a trade. In my opinion, these trades rules are only there to prevent very lopsided trade to happen, not vetoing a trade some GM feel one team won over another.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00