Proposal: Vote in our Oilers for the ASG

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_7234.jpeg

These are the players already in, 1 from each team.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Voting on this reminded me of how weak Canada's goaltending is. If Skinner finds a bit of consistency he will make our Olympic team
Rock solid Talbot say hello.. lol
It should've been Hyman instead of McDavid this year. The guy deserves it.

Reactions: Mr Positive

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I want to vote them out so they don't wast time and energy at this stupid event.

Had to laugh at the video the Kraken posted showing Bjorkstrand's reaction to getting told to cancel his vacation plans because he's playing in the game. They tried to frame it as a happy reaction video similar to being told that you made a WJC team or got inducted in the Hall of Fame, but he looked like he wanted to cry instead.

Exactly this.
I don't get Oiler fans obsession with wanting our players in the ASG, especially a goalie.
Go home, get some rest, & come back refreshed for a stretch run instead of some unnecessary travel.

The small chance of injury frightens me with this dumb event.

After Horcoff's career was essentially blown up by a shoulder injury at the all star game I've been jaded about it ever since. I have no problem with Oiler players playing in mid-season events that actually matter and taking the risk, but an NHL corporate circle jerk that everyone over the age of about 7 years old think is a joke? No thanks.

OilersaretheMcBest

Jun 3, 2006
Oil Country, AB, Can
All Star Game is a good chance for the league to market it's players and stars. Plus growing up as a kid i remember i loved watching it and still do enjoy it now.

McDavid is part of the architect for the new all star format and i'm pumped for it. Everyone needs to lighten up, the risk of injury is low in an event that a lot of players don't even fully try.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Exactly this.
I don't get Oiler fans obsession with wanting our players in the ASG, especially a goalie.
Go home, get some rest, & come back refreshed for a stretch run instead of some unnecessary travel.

They have a 5 day off rest before or after the ASG. I think players like associating with their peers at events like this and if a guy like Hyman or Bouchard get in it only can help them.

Dont be an old man yelling at a cloud! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad