Player Discussion Vladislav Namestnikov

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Well obviously we know that, but there's some real opportunities to confuse the opposition here, especially if we get Buch hammering out fluent English.
Get Buch to speak fluent English and have Kreider speak in fluent Russian and we're all set.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
He looked good last night. Really good. I liked Miller quite a lot by the way but if you look at the part of the deal as a 1 for 1 he did a lot last night to make me think that maybe we did okay here.

i said it the day of the trade, vlady is the better hockey player. jtm has tools but the noggin is foggy.

sure he played with some stud players in tampa, but his overall skill set it better. he's very solid defensively too. his strength (smarts) is jtm's weakness.

and his shot is very dangerous and that will become apparent the more we see him.

this 1 for 1 deal favors us.

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Real good game last night. Obviously not expecting 2 points a night but if he can hustle like that and play smart like that he'll be a valuable piece for us and a guy worth holding onto.

Reactions: belford222

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Let's not forget that this kid was a first round pick.

Not that being a first rounder is a ticket for success, but it usually shows there was/is at least something there that was seen as being NHL-quality.

Reactions: leetch99

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Reaction to his size: What a shrimp.

Who's better? Him or Spooner? They seem pretty similar.

Namestnikov is better imo. Spooner lacks scoring ability, but Namestnikov seems to be a solid finisher. Both can skate, but I think Vlad shows a bit more in the speed regard, and he probably has a better defensive game, since Spooner's is just pretty meh.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
i said it the day of the trade, vlady is the better hockey player. jtm has tools but the noggin is foggy.

sure he played with some stud players in tampa, but his overall skill set it better. he's very solid defensively too. his strength (smarts) is jtm's weakness.

and his shot is very dangerous and that will become apparent the more we see him.

this 1 for 1 deal favors us.

I liked the interview before the game. IMO he has a pretty good reason to be down in the dumps--being part of a winning organization that has a great shot at winning the cup this year. But not at all--he seemed pretty fine joining our dumpster fire of a team (at the moment) here. I thought that was impressive. Good attitudes can go a long way.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Really liked seeing the defensive game from him last night. Made multiple solid plays. Which we haven't seen from many of our players all year. Like what he brought to the rink hopefully it's not just a showing to a new team. Hope he keeps up his good attitude and good play. It will be infectious to almost everyone else.

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I liked the interview before the game. IMO he has a pretty good reason to be down in the dumps--being part of a winning organization that has a great shot at winning the cup this year. But not at all--he seemed pretty fine joining our dumpster fire of a team (at the moment) here. I thought that was impressive. Good attitudes can go a long way.
Good call, I thought the same thing. Didn't seem down at all, seems genuinely excited and ready to be a part of this. I really appreciate that, and I think the locker room really, really needs that right now – especially the few guys who were here for the peak of the recent years' teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad